Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria.
About The Job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey.
From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Join Google’s Sub-Saharan Africa Platforms & Ecosystems Marketing team, working to solve access barriers for more people to access the internet and get online across the region. Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
• Develop marketing plans for Android in Sub-Saharan Africa and execute campaigns (co-marketing and owned) to drive usage of Google apps.
• Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for feature/product launches.
• Define the retail marketing strategy for Android in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help Google better understand consumer behavior.
• Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user whilst developing actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting or agency.
• Experience working with partners and businesses to drive mutual value.
• Experience managing partnerships.
• Demonstrated analytical success. Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
• Penchant for technology, creativity to “think outside the box” and leadership to execute effectively.
• Global mindset and ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures and scenarios. Ability to manage and coordinate projects that span multiple locations.
• Understanding of Google’s products, technology industry, mobile industry and Google/Android’s positioning in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.