Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reports to: Accounting and Grants Manager
This position is responsible for tracking HJMRI-Kenya/Kericho’s financial performance against plans,
developing budgets, analyzing program’s performance, and creating financial forecasts. The incumbent will be
assisting the Accounting and Grants manager to make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic
reports and other key input; senior level guidance and direction in all phases of financial management services
at HJFMRI-KE. This includes budget preparation, formulation, financial analysis, presentation, and reporting.
The FA consolidates budget data and provides a viable overview of the financial situation to both the HJFMRI-
KE programs and its partners. FA provides financial advice to managers to enhance program planning and
effective decision-making. Additionally, s/he will seek to implement financial guidelines and processes with
respect to the requirements from the US Government, HJFMRI-KE and HJFMRI-HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Broad Duties and Responsibilities
1. Report on Program’s financial performance on both routing and ad-hoc basis
2. Assist Accounting Manager to perform Program’s financial forecasting and reporting
3. Analyze Program’s financial data for operational metrics tracking and decision support
4. Timely coordination of monthly wire forecast and sharing with Head of Admin and Operations for
5. Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommends action for optimization
II. Budget Preparation/Formulation
6. Establish and maintain an annual budgeting calendar including a cycle of budgetary reviews
7. Guide Program and Operational Managers, in budget preparation, submission and fiscal allocation
8. Coordinate the dissemination of approved budgets and explain issues as requested
9. Ensure all approved budgets are entered into QuickBooks on-time, and pulls reports from the same
10. Produce monthly forecast for HJMRI-KE and shares with Head of Admin and Operations for guidance
11. Liaise with the contract and grants, and outreach teams to establish partner budgets
III. Budget Process Review
12. Ensure all HJFMRI-KE budgets are reviewed in respect to accuracy, completeness and sponsor
13. Monitor budget performance and inform the Head of Admin and Operations on potential challenging
14. Supervise the review of all budget templates for accuracy
15. Under the guidance of Head of Administration and Operations, ensure that budget adjustments are made
16. Ensure the creation of a consolidated budget versions for management review and approval.
17. Assist Head of Administration and Operations with recommendations to be presented to management
18. Under the guidance of Head of Administration and Operations produce summarized results of budget
19. Produce the monthly budget vs actual ( BVA) report for review and guidance by Head of Admin and
20. Assist Accounting Manager to produce budget forecasts
V. Capacity Building and Systems Development
21. Develop user-friendly, useful and insightful financial tools and reports for HJFMRI-KE team
22. Assist the Head of Admin and Operations to provide training and support to HJFMRI-KE team
23. Backstop in the area of financial systems and budget analysis.
24. Assist in implementing best practices regarding financial management and budgeting.
VI. Additional Duties
25. Contribute to team-wide communications and planning;
26. Participate in staff events and meetings;
27. Undertake other project-based work when requested by the supervisor
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
i. A Bachelor’s degree with five years of prior Budget Analyst experience or Master’s degree in either
finance, economics or statistics
ii. 3 to 5+ years of working experience with PEPFAR and/or United States Government (USG) funded
projects with annual budgets of 10+ million dollars
iii. Strong quantitative and analytical competency including using Excel formulas and functions
iv. Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills in English
v. Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
vi. Highly ethical and professional vii. Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
viii. Strong presentation skills, be comfortable when interacting with wider audience
ix. Interest in detailed work with complex budget and financial information.
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract. The first three months will be probation period. Applications be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 03 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer.