Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Grants Manager, SBS
Reporting: Research Director
Relationships And Contact: Staff and External Stakeholders
Responsible for providing grants management support for all research grants and projects within the Strathmore University Business School.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Grants portfolio coordination and compliance management: Track progress of research activities undertaken within Strathmore Business school and maintain an up-to-date status of all current research (internally or externally led). This includes ensuring that grantor conditions for the disbursement of research funds are addressed and implementation of grants are aligned to institutional policies as well as commitments with grantors and other stakeholders.
- Research partnership coordination: Establish and maintain research relationships and partnerships and encourage more funds for research from grantors, industry, and other external organizations.
- Review of research-related contracts: Assisting in the negotiation research related contracts and research partnership agreements in liaison with the legal office
- Coordination of grants application: Identify and facilitate the bidding for competitive research grants. This includes assessing and advising on the feasibility of committing university resources into specific competitive bids, mobilizing faculty and potential partners into effective teams for specific bids and supporting potential grantees in submitting competitive bids. This also includes supporting administrative processes for new grants such as ensuring that required authorizations are administered and that grant application gateways and platforms are valid and up to date (e.g., DUNS, SAMS, eRA Commons)
- Strategy and portfolio growth: Provide guidance on a pathway for growth of SBS’ grants portfolio and implement initiatives to promote this growth for example organising grant training workshops
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in any business-related course from a recognized institution.
- Professional accountancy qualifications (CPAK or equivalent) and professional audit training and experience will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in grants management
- Administrative and Office management experience and demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness, be proactive and solutions focused
Competencies And Attributes
- Clear understanding of the research grants landscape and the rigor required by grant-making institutions e.g., USAID, DfID, CIDA, SIDA among others.
- Understanding of various research threads and trends of donor interest.
- Ability to interact with senior researchers, grant accounting staff, Human Resources personnel as well as their counterparts in the various grantor organizations.
- Should have multidisciplinary skills in the different areas and also have an academic inclination.
- Clear understanding of the research process and procedures
- Basic knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Grants Manager” on the subject line to email@example.com by end of the day (5:30 pm) Monday 30th August 2021.
Due to the large number of applications, we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an opportunity for internal candidates only
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.