Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
In 2021, USAID Kenya awarded Abt Associates, the Kenya Vector Control Activity. It seeks to build on PMI investments under PMI AIRS and VectorLink. The purpose of the project is to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, monitor and evaluate critical malaria vector control activities. This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide treated net (ITN) activities for prevention of malaria in Kenya. The project has six objectives: (1) indoor residual spraying and other proven vector control interventions, (2) entomological monitoring and surveillance, (3) ITN durability monitoring (4) data driven decision making to inform strategic deployment of ITNs and IRS, (5) capacity building of Kenya national malaria program and selected counties and (6) continuous net distribution system in the community through multiple channels. In 2022, Abt Associates shall implement IRS in Homa Bay and Migori Counties and in other counties thereafter as determined by USAID Kenya.
The Procurement and Office Coordinator position under the supervision of the Procurement Manager supports the procurement, office, administrative functions of the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists in the management of local procurements, customs clearance procedures, inventory control, and the logistics functions of the project
- Maintains strict compliance with US-government policies and procedures
- Create purchase orders, scanning and uploading all documentation
- Assist in receiving and tracking procured/acquired assets
- Assist with the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders and Contracts for commodities
- Planning and coordinating procurement of goods and services
- Consult with and educate departments about sourcing strategies, supplier outreach and procurement processes/requirements
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems
- Book and track accommodation, taxi, flights in collaboration with project staff and/ travel agency
- Assist in planning logistics for meetings/seminar/trainings, providing the location and materials
- Assist and lead, if delegated by Procurement Manager, in performing procurements, including identifying reliable service providers, evaluating quotes, preparing the bid analysis, giving recommendations after approval, requesting invoices
- Control stock of office supplies ensuring a timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and project
- Keep records of all documents received
- Handle the process of filling in logbooks by drivers and summarize in Excel for tracking fuel usage.
- Supervise project drivers, including duty scheduling, leave planning, etc
Assist drivers in completing and/ submission of timesheets, travel advance and travel expense Reports
- Review daily vehicle logs and ensure they are properly filled and submitted monthly as part of the Site Office finance reports.
- Responsible for purchase office supplies.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, company office keys.
- Ensure office and/ warehouse leases are up to date
- Supervise the office cleaners and gardener
- Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma (based on level) and 2-4 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience on USAID-funded development programs with high volume of procurement and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they relate to procurement
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experienced in computer skills (able to run programs such as Microsoft word, Excel)
- Demonstrated command of English required
Experience and knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is desirable
How To Apply
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.