Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Strategic Partnerships Manager for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five-year activity will focus on strengthening health leadership and governance and strengthening health systems for quality and equitable service delivery. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide. Position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will be responsible for leading the project’s strategic direction and overseeing implementation of activities to further government stewardship of non-state actor participation in health service delivery to address and mitigate diseases of public health concerns.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction for and lead the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities to identify and engage organizations and institutions in the health sector to define and agree on a common agenda; identify priorities, align approaches, and leverage each other’s capabilities and resources;
- In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, donors, and multilateral agencies, conduct co-creation exercises to jointly plan, monitor, and review actions, including integration of CLA processes;
- Identify, engage, and leverage private sector and non-state actors in health policy and monitoring activities;
- Support strengthening of GoK partner coordination frameworks at the national and county levels through co-creation exercises for inclusion of non-state actor concerns and specific needs in health systems strengthening initiatives;
- Identify policy, regulatory, and other barriers that impact participation by non-state organizations in health service delivery, and collaborate with internal and external partners to address issues;
- Support the strengthening of COG coordination structures, including expansion of TWGs to include relevant stakeholders at national and county levels;
- Lead efforts to facilitate dialogue with stakeholders to facilitate new partnerships in health;
- Ensure that all project plans, training curricula, and strategies are supportive of GoK policy and goals for non-state actors;
- Provide management, monitoring, and technical support to ensure key interventions under strategic partnerships area are successfully implemented in accordance with the objectives and timeline of the project;
- Provide high-quality technical products and services, deliver required results, and use resources efficiently and cost-effectively. This includes timely preparation and submission of deliverables and coordination and oversight of program area teams to do the same;
- Monitor the progress and pace of program area implementation, ensuring that project performance meets the expectations of USAID and clients, and bring any issues and concerns regarding project implementation to the attention of the COP/DCOP in timely manner;
- Contribute as member of the project’s Senior Management Team (SMT);
- Produce high-quality technical products and services in a timely and cost-effective manner; and
- Perform other activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in public health, health policy, economics, law, or other relevant fields;
- 8-10 years of demonstrated relevant professional experience in organizational and policy development, systems strengthening, and institutional capacity building in the private sector;
- In-depth understanding of public and private healthcare systems in Kenya;
- Previous experience working and coordinating with high-level governmental and nongovernmental stakeholders;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with the ability to lead high-level meetings, forums, and conferences;
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy;
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills, and ability to produce high-quality work in a timely manner;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the capacity to prepare and deliver formal presentations; and
- Functional fluency in English required.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.