Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi
Organisation: Aga Khan University Hospital Kenya
Division: Human Resources
This role sits within the Human Resources (HR) Communications entity of Aga Khan University’s Human Resources (HR) Department. The Manager for Internal Communications and Employee Engagement will report to the Global Director for Internal Communications, Employee Engagement and Employer Branding. This position will develop high-impact strategies and craft best-in-class on and offline communication outputs, campaigns and activities that will inform, educate, and drive positive engagement among AKU’s staff population. The position will be responsible for managing processes and budgets to ensure efficiency of delivery and commercial performance. The position will develop meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders across AKU globally; manage suppliers and actively build the skills and capabilities of a small team of communicators and creative personnel.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and professional development of internal communications team including Specialist(s), Associate(s), Management Trainee(s) and creatives
- Manage workflows, resources and processes necessary for seamless delivery of communication outputs and ensure quality control
- Develop templates, processes, SharepPoint filing systems and ways of working to ensure efficient running of team and consistent outputs
- Plan and roll out employee-related events and engagement activities
- Implement tracking mechanisms to measure performance communication and engagement activities
- Oversee ongoing update of all on and offline internal communications platforms including social media channels as required
- Plan and execute internal communications strategy and tactical plans.
- Develop and execute periodic communication plans and calendars
- Develop eloquent, informative and audience appropriate good news stories, memos, presentations, and reports etc.
- Provide active input and oversee the development of audio-visual content
- Establish and evolve relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage third party relationships and a roster of vendors and external suppliers
- Provide input into the development of entity-focused strategies including risk registers
- Develop and manage annual and campaign budgets to ensure financial viability
- Ensure AKU branding is applied in line with brand guidelines and corporate identity
- Manage awards calendars, coordinate entry submissions and event attendance
- Manage participation at career fairs including development of branded collaterals.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing or a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team in a communications role
- Excellent leadership, outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Strong coordination, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- For Pakistan based Manager – fluent spoken, written and comprehension of Urdu (must)
- Creative agency background is preferred.
How To Apply