Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports To: Deputy Head of Operations
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
To process for local and international procurement of goods and services to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to successfully manage the quality and efficiency of all procurement and purchasing activities and to ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Manage fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures and organize the procurement functions. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and lead improvements. Ensure compliance with CRS procurement principles, standards, and policies; donor regulations; and local statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with various departments to proactively assist with goods/services flow analysis and determine needs and quantity, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan. Collaborate with budget holders to develop annual budget plans that meet procurement needs.
- Manage and control the analyze-to-contract process with strategic sourcing solutions to ensure the best value for money: market research and analysis, goods/services specifications and supplier evaluation criteria, solicitation documents, a transparent and consistent bidding process, etc. Prepare contracts
- Ensure the highest level of transparency and integrity amongst the procurement department and prevent fraud along the procurement process. Conduct periodic risk assessment along the procurement process.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Oversee and monitor relationships and transactions with suppliers, supplier performance, and contractual obligations to ensure contract completion per authorized terms and conditions. Take action to address current and/or potential contractual issues and/or inefficiencies to mitigate risk. Advise on contract/purchase order modifications, if needed.
- Monitor payment terms and schedules through maintenance of open order report and oversee coordination with the finance team to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Manage a reliable procurement document trail and database management system for control, accountability, and input for proper inventory recording. Ensure all required information and records are complete, accurate, up-to-date, and properly filed. Oversee reports preparation, consolidate reporting and analyze data for decision-making.
- Ensure timely, effective and efficient procurement support to Somalia program
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Fluent in English
Travel Required: Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %, including visits to Somalia
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Procurement officers / assistants
Internal: Deputy HoOPS, Finance staff and Administration staff, HR Staff, Program staff
External: Vendors, auditors, Suppliers, Customs Official, Transporters, Peer agencies
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, /purchasing management, logistics, business administration or related field required. Master’s Degree would be an added advantage. Professional certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration with increasing responsibility, preferably with an international organization.
- Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (e.g. USAID, EU, UN)
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Strong knowledge of contract terms and proven ability to negotiate terms and agreements and build and maintain networks with suppliers.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable.
Personal Skills and abilities
- Strong planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Strong negotiation, communication, and relationship management skills
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
What we offer:
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
How To Apply
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS Kenya strives to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and work, stay, and do their best.
CRS provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition and any other status protected by law. As an equal opportunity employer, CRS will recruit, hire, train and promote persons solely on their qualifications and abilities.