Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No: JHIL001
Position: Accountant, Financial Reporting.
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in
Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite
insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer
in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi
and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi
Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are
highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA– in Kenya and Uganda, and an
A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Accountant – Financial Reporting, Jubilee Health Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Assistant Manager – Finance and will be based at Head Office, Nairobi.
The job holder will be responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, meeting statutory and regulatory
requirements and reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
1. Financial Reporting
• Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
• Assist in timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts & key figures (MKF)
• Assist in preparation of timely and accurate presentations and board papers to Senior Management
• Preparation of schedules for both internal and external audits
2. Regulatory reporting and compliance
• Preparation of statutory returns to the Insurance Regulatory Authority (monthly, quarterly, and annual returns)
while ensuring their timely submission.
• Settlement of statutory taxes (VAT, WVAT, WHT for consultants and contractual services) and follow up on any
• Compliance with statutory deadlines for KRA & IRA
• Risk champion – Maintenance of finance related trackers to ensure completion and closure of internal and
external audit items, compliance with regulation and laws, abreast with IFRS
3. General ledger reviews and reconciliations
• Performing reconciliations between the finance systems and the business systems for the accounts assigned.
• Calculation of UPRs and UCRs for medical business using IDEA tool/programme
• Maintenance of a complete, accurate and comprehensive Property and Equipment register.
• Provide detailed monthly reconciliations for fixed assets, intercompany accounts, VAT, WHT, Withholding VAT,
claims payable control and any other assigned accounts.
• Preparation and dispatch of Intercompany statements and regular follow up of intercompany debt for settlement.
• Ensure that cost allocations across business lines, departments and branches are accurate.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements and handling supplier queries in relation to withholding taxes.
4. Budgeting and Forecasts
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts in liaison with the line of business heads.
• Contribute to financial forecasts, financial adjustments, written explanations for variances to forecasts and
analyzing options to enable budget holders to make informed decisions on financial viability together with a
financial risk analysis while ensuring any financial risks are identified and handled in a professional manner.
1. High levels of integrity and Accountability.
2. Organized, numerate and analytical.
3. Ability to prioritise work and work with minimal supervision.
5. Team Spirit
6. Computer literacy with exposure to ERP and Medical software will be an advantage
1. Degree in Finance or any other related field.
Minimum of 3 years experience in financial & compliance reporting in the insurance industry /external auditing of insurance Companies.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 7th September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.