Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Entity : Aga Khan University (AKU)
Location: East Africa
Reporting to the Global HR Director for Academics, the Senior Manager (HRBP) will partner with the Academic Entity Heads, Heads of Departments and Managers to provide strategic advice, and deliver business-centric HR solutions and support to their assigned business units. S/he will collaborate with HR Centres of Expertise (CoE) to identify improvements to current services and capabilities based on regular feedback from the business areas. The Senior Manager will provide HR solutions in an efficient and high-quality manner by leveraging global processes with adaptations to local, regional or business requirements (as needed).
- Act as the point of contact for the Academic Entity Heads, Heads of Departments & Managers and proactively engage with them to consult on HR related matters.
- Contract and engage positively with CoEs to align best practice HR solutions and delivery.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit structures, workforce planning and succession planning to ensure business units have the appropriate skills and capabilities to deliver their objectives.
- Provide strategic support to business units to manage HR-related matters alongside employee lifecycle (e.g. onboarding new hires, learning strategy).
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, work with CoE Shared Services to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance in employee relations matters.
- Partner with the CoE on policy as required and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide advice on performance management to Academic Entity Heads, Heads of Departments and Managers (e.g. coaching, counselling, career development).
- Identify and discuss performance issues with Heads and Managers and coordinate with HR Delivery Specialists to address any issues including disciplinary actions.
- Receive and implement global concepts, processes and guidelines within the area of responsibility.
- Continuously provide feedback to Talent Acquisition on roles that need to be filled in respective business units.
- Proactively collect business needs which would include learning needs, employee engagement actions, feedback for improvement and share insights with HR Centers of Expertise.
- Coordinate and support employee engagement initiatives on the ground.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programmes to ensure success, as well as follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Work closely with line management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Engage with other Business Partners within and across your own business area.
- Interact with HR Shared Services on a daily basis and convey feedback to define and implement HR service improvement.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Psychology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional HR experience, including at least 5 years in leadership positions in the practice of Human Resource Management.
- Excellent knowledge of the Kenyan labour laws
- Strong HR business partnering or HR management experience in academic or healthcare sector, with a focus on workforce planning, performance management and employee relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local employment regulations and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good financial skills with the ability to analyse numbers to facilitate decision making.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to compare contrasting information, patterns and behaviours, and analyse the impact of recommended actions.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with people at all levels.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Proficiency with using MS Office packages.
- Ability to identify and plan activities that will result in overall improvement to services
How To Apply