Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Draftsman, Engineering Department
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Director of Facilities, Facilities Management Division.
Reporting to the Director, Facilities, the Draftsman will Review/develop design drawings based on technical information provided by engineers, equipment vendors and clients. Generate flow diagrams, P & IDs, equipment and utilities layouts, routing plans, sections and elevations with minimum input from project engineers. Prioritize, schedule and monitor mechanical, electrical, and process design efforts including drawings and related documents. He/she will work from architectural plans and base files to produce construction documents in Revit (MEP) or AutoCAD.
- Initiates consultations with relevant Divisions to enable production of good Policies & Procedures, which meet Bench marked standards
- Use 3D construction modeling software from Sketch Up to prevent rework, coordinate more effectively, and build it right the first time.
- Actively seek new design and construction methods.
- Oversees in-house construction phases of project.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques;
- Review current processes and systems for further improvement.
- Review new projects for compliance with the master plan to ensure smooth integration of the project.
- Review documents for quality control evaluation.
- Attend regular meeting with clients, consultants, contractors and other specialists to build strategic relationship with key stakeholders.
- Lead the quality assurance team during construction
- Plan, coordinate and maintain project schedules.
- Ensure close out documentation and project archives are completed;
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Bachelor’s or AA college degree in CAD or drafting studies is preferred;
- Diploma in CAD or drafting studies
- Minimum three years AutoCAD and REVIT experience with advance training/experience in current AutoCAD
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of accurate drafting methods, layering, X-References, dimensioning, model space/paper space, viewports and scaling;
- Ability to demonstrate using and Revit architecture and MEP tools such as the different families, Project Browser, Properties, Type Selector, MEP families, and inserting a verity of family types. An understanding of creating families and manipulating of parameters and schedules is a plus;
- Capable of taking the lead in importing different trade files and performing collision control services;
- Update models to reflect as-built conditions
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products;
- Able to develop 3-D models and renderings in Revit or any professional tools
How To Apply