Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Private Wing
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nursing Director, Executive Services.
- Provide supervision of staff and management of resources to deliver quality nursing care
- Is responsible for day today smooth running of the unit which includes staffing, appropriate staff patient allocation providing working equipment and coordinating all patient care activities.
- Develops unit goals and objectives in collaboration with and Program Administrator.
- Collaborates with the team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, clinical pathways and care guidelines.
- Is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and training of the nursing team
- Participates in the budget process and is responsible for monitoring budget variance.
- Prepares the relevant reports and shares with the Stakeholders
- With the Team develops Key Performance Indicators for the unit, both managerial and clinical and is responsible to monitor the same
- Provides effective supervision of the nursing staff, and utilizes learning opportunities for their development
- Undertakes performance reviews of staff in private wing and develops action plans to ensure individual staff growth.
- Fosters pleasant working environment through engagement of the staff including physicians.
- Leads the team in establishment of standards of care and monitors delivery of care according to established Key Clinical Indicators.
- Ensures a system is in place to monitor nurses’ clinical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Promotes continuous learning for the nursing staff and acts as a resource person.
- Evaluates customer feedback and takes appropriate action.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN)
- Current Licensure with the Nursing council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience in Medical-Surgical nursing in an acute care hospital.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in med-surge Nursing procedures.
How To Apply