Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Palliative Care Nurse
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nursing Manager, Oncology.
- Provide professional, safe and respectful management of patients with palliative care needs and focus on providing optimum and quality care throughout the continuum of illness
- Ensure safe and competent supportive care for patients and families in need of palliative care
- Assist in support group activities for patients and families
- Participate in psychosocial support for patients and families
- Complete holistic assessment of needs in collaboration with the patient
- Palliate symptoms to maximise the patient’s quality of life
- Respond to symptom control issues promptly, evaluate interventions as appropriate, make adjustments as required and in consultation with the primary physician
- Be proficient in administration of intravenous therapies used in palliative care i.e. Pain medications, blood and blood products, bisphosphonates and IV fluids
- Maintain competencies, knowledge and awareness of issues affecting palliative care nursing practice (e.g., legal changes) in order to provide quality care in line with best practice
- Participate in the weekly palliative care team meetings
- Participate in monitoring of palliative care identified quality indicators
- Participates in unit based continuing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, Clinical Care Program Certification (CCPC), audits, spot checks and skill checks.
- RN from a recognized school of Nursing or University
- Current Licensure with the Nursing council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Palliative Care
- Certificate in Chemotherapy Administration
- Minimum of nine (9) years’ experience in an acute care hospital four of which must have been in oncology/chemotherapy
- Demonstrate evidence-based knowledge of current practices in Oncology nursing
How To Apply