Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments . Amref Health Africa’s vision is lasting health change in Africa. Amref is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit http://www.amref.org
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a Chief of Party to be responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of an anticipated USAID/Kenya & East Africa Health Systems Strengthening Activity. He/she will lead the implementation team and also serve as the key point of contact for USAID, government, program consortium partners, and other stakeholders. Selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of the anticipated USAID/Kenya & East Africa Health Systems Strengthening Activity. He/she will lead the implementation team and also serve as the key point of contact for USAID, government, program consortium partners, and other stakeholders. He/she will also coordinate closely with other USG projects and development partners to ensure joined up approaches and complementarity with other health and social inclusion programs. The COP will report to the Country Director based in Amref s’ Nairobi office and will work closely with Amref Health Africa in Kenya management and administrative colleagues. Coordinating the inputs of the team from Amref and partners, he/she will ensure that program objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Amrefs’ policies and processes.
Key Area Activity Team management and leadership
Lead a team of technical, financial, programmatic and administrative experts to deliver the program to the highest technical quality. Lead and manage staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development Program delivery, and oversight oversee program strategies, technical approaches, workplans, risk management, and budgets. Ensure the program delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended results.
Budget implementation and financial management
Work closely with the finance and operations team to ensure the Activity’s preparedness for USAID audit.
Client, government and partner relations
Be the primary point of contact with USAID, other implementing partners, MOH and other stakeholders. Represent the program on behalf of Amref and ensure alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate. Also, take a leading role in disseminating successes and lessons from the project across all stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Ten years extensive experience providing technical, strategic and program management oversight to major multi–year and multi–partner complex programs in Kenya and/or East Africa as a Chief of Party or Team Leader;
• Demonstrated experience working to strengthen health system strengthening in devolved or centralized government structures as well as enhancing national local cooperation ;
• Strong understanding of the Kenyan health sector including key context and trends relevant to devolution and health systems strengthening. Relevant networks at the county level ;
• Strong external liaison and negotiation experience fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, including at county level, and building natio nal and sub–national capacity; familiarity with government practice and protocol;
• Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work. Experience managing teams in high–risk environments;
• Demonstrable experience of working with USAID and familiarity with USAID p ractice and protocol with a proven ability to represent organizations and program with USAID;
• Significant experience with USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure;
• Experience in managing budgets effectively with oversight on spending while providing regular oversight on issues related to risk and audit;
• Experience of risk management and mitigation in a program context;
• Leadership and influencing skills
• Strategic thinking, problem solving and decision–making skills
• Strong financial and risk management skills
• Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
• Strong administration and organizational skills, good time management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
• Commitment to equal opportunities
• Commitment to the program’s and Amrefs’ principles of Safeguarding, Do No Harm, and to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights.
• Awareness and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/ and submit your application which should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Indicate Ref: COP– Anticipated Funding and email to email@example.com Closing date 10th September 2021 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non–smoking environment policy.