Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is lasting health change in Africa. Amref is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party position for an upcoming USAID–funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five–year activity will focus on strengthening health leadership and governance and strengthening health systems for quality and equitable service delivery. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for providing leadership in technical and administrative aspects that ensure successful project implementation. This position will be responsible for offering oversight and supervision of senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
• Upholds Amref values and exercises them throughout tenure on the project.
• Provides leadership and guidance on a results–oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners, and stakeholders.
• Provides leadership in the development of project work plans and budgets, ensuring integration and effective coordination and planning of technical activities.
• Ensures timely implementation of monitoring plans for project activities and that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
• Offers leadership and guidance to teams and team leaders carrying out project activities.
• Provides quality assurance of all project activities and products.
• Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health, Medicine, or related field.
• 8 years (minimum) of relevant international health experience with a master’s degree.
• At least five years managing complex projects in the areas of health systems strengthening (human resources for health, financing, governance, supply chain and health commodity management, data for decision–making), in Kenya and/or East Africa.
• Demonstrated ability to help establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
• Demonstrated experience supporting Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system in Kenya and/or East Africa.
• Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning initiatives within donor–funded projects (preferably USAID).
• Experience assessing, selecting, and managing sub–grantees highly preferred.
• Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
• Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
• Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
• Fluency in English.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/ and submit your application which should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
Indicate Ref: DCOP– Anticipated Funding and email to email@example.com Closing date 10th September
2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non–smoking environment policy.