Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is lasting health change in Africa. Amref is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit http://www.amref.org
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified candidate for the role of Finance and Administration Manager for the anticipated five–year (2022–2027) United States Agency for International Development (USAID)–funded Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Activity . The HSS project will work in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), counties, and non–state actors to strengthen health systems in Kenya. The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Chief of Party and is based in Nairobi. This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing budgets, financial planning & management, and operational activities for the HSS project. The Finance and Administration Manager brings strong financial and administrative skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of USAID/United States Government financial and contractual requirements. The Finance and Administration Manager also brings a strong understanding of local law and operating requirements in Kenya.
- Postgraduate level degree in Finance
- 8 years of extensive experience in program management and finance/budget management and financial reporting with USAID-funded projects in Kenya;
- Familiarity with US Government (USG) Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules is a plus
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in financial management, accounting, USAID compliance, human resources management, local labor law, and contracts management;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external strategic partners, donors, and stakeholders; Skills
- Technical savvy and strong computer skills, IT systems familiarity;
- Demonstrated team and people management abilities with a focus on growing staff, mentoring and coaching junior professionals;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Full English fluency, full fluency in Kiswahili is a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams