Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Public Health Officer – Dadaab
Dadaab, Dadaab, Kenya – Full Time
Reporting to: Community Health Coordinator
The Health Information System officer will be responsible for providing leadership for the data management and improving data quality and ensure the same is reported into the County and National HIS while collecting information, to optimize the use of that data for decision-making.
- Coordinate and plan for program activities within a community unit
- Work with community health committee members and ensure active participation of the community in preventive activities
- Contribute to program reporting
- In liaison with community health coordinator supervise mass immunization campaigns, social mobilization and sensitization exercises in response to outbreaks
- Carry out health assessments and provide feedback
- Lead weekly meeting with the CHWs within the respective community unit
- Contribute to the maintenance of a high quality and motivated team of Community Health
- Workers through on the job trainings, coaching, mentoring, performance management and continuous feedback.
- Attend various internal coordination meetings and community forums on behalf of the department, gather and share information, develop and nurture a working relationship with the refugee community and other implementing agencies.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health or Environmental Health.
- Experience in working in a refuge set up or complex emergency situations.
- Experience in implementing the Community Health Strategy approach will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Have insight into various public health issues
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and utilization of the internet.
- Demonstrate ability of proposal/budget making and grant management.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 3rd September 2021
How to Apply:
- Send an updated CV including 3 (three) relevant referees and their contact/email details;
- A one-page cover letter.
Selected candidates will be required to go through background checks that will include obtaining a current certificate of good conduct and an anti-terrorist check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.