Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Regional Finance Specialist is responsible for day-to-day book-keeping, payment processing and filing of financial records. This position reports to the Africa Regional Office Finance Manager based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Enter financial data into the financial system daily.
- Process payments to vendors, consultants, subcontractors, and staff, and reconcile staff and third-party accounts monthly.
- Support employees travel advances and expense reports settlements, follow up with respective staff to verify the accuracy and completeness. Track and monitor aging advances.
- Monitor prepaid card balances and reconcile to bank balances.
- Prepare journal vouchers or adjusting entries and ensure necessary reviews and approvals.
- Provide support in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package.
- Prepare relevant journal vouchers in timely manner to address monthly financial reporting compliance issues raised by the Regional Office/Compliance team.
- Maintain the filing system for financial records.
- Conducts other general accounting duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education And Experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional desired qualifications
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or significant progress toward obtainment of designation preferred.
- Experience in computerized accounting systems
- Working knowledge of Excel
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
How To Apply
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.