Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is an African-led, non-profit research and policy institute established in 2010 to help bridge the gaps between research, policy and practice in development efforts in Africa. We contribute to the realisation of the SDGs by enabling the formulation of sound development policies and programme interventions. We work to promote and entrench a culture of evidence use in development efforts in Africa. Specifically, we:
- Strengthen institutional and individual capacity for demand and use of evidence, as well as promoting interactions between researchers and policymakers.
- Provide practical evidence to enable governments move from rhetoric and policy documents to action in addressing various sustainable development goals.
Our focus areas: Population Dynamics and Demographic Dividend, Health and Well-being, Transformative Education and Skills Development, the Environment and Climate Change, and Governance and Accountability.
AFIDEP seeks to recruit dynamic and competent professionals to develop and grow our work through the following positions. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AFIDEP seeks a dynamic and experienced post-graduate researcher to join our project entitled HIGH-Res as an intern. The primary purpose of the internship will be to support the implementation of the HIGH-Res programme mid-term evaluation study data collection, analysis and report writing (a three-country study). The successful candidate will be based at AFIDEP’s office in Nairobi in Kenya. The internship will be for a period of three months effective from the start date.
Qualifications And Experience
- The intern must have a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, population studies, development studies or equivalent
- One to two years of practical experience in project management
- Demonstrable experience planning and undertaking field work, qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and report writing
- Experience in working and interacting with government including high ranking government officials a plus.
- Experience writing policy briefs and other policy products and publishing in journalsa plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with collaborators from diverse cultures
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Policy analysis and political economy analysis skills a plus
- Ability to work independently with an output-based mind-set
Under the supervision of the project M&E lead, the intern will support activities related to study population sampling, data collection, analysis and report writing and dissemination.
How to Apply
- Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability to this position and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 3rd September 2021
- Applications should include the title of the position as the subject of the email.
- Due to volumes of the applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process