Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Travel and Logistics Supervisor
Level: Function Manager
Department: General Services
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This position is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and coordinating of travel and logistics activities for CWS Africa in accordance with the RSC standard operating procedures. This position is also in charge of managing the shared logistics resources across Sub Offices in the region.
This position directly Supervises Travel Logistics Officers in Nairobi.
This Position reports directly to the Travel and Logistics Manager
1. Monitors day to day work in the unit to ensure compliance and adherence to the SOPs
2. Develops systems and mechanisms to address non–compliance
3. Ensures that all Logistics vendors are vetted appropriately and cleared as per the Federal government guidelines, RSC Security and Management
Travel Budget Management
4. Participates in review of budget projections for accuracy and costing
5. Maintains an updated cost platform for all required travel items within all processing locations in Sub
6. Reviews quarterly and monthly travel projections and ensures timely distribution to Finance unit
7. Monitors and advises Finance Team of all confirmed travels for planning purposes
8. Reviews the efficiency of existing systems such as the Travel Portal, Budget Calculator amongst others
9. Monitor’s costs of all procured travel services within Sub Sahara Africa
Travel and Logistics Management
10. Oversees resolution of all logistics issues raised after travel from the field
11. Oversees reviews of CWS Africa trip reports to ensure appropriate follow–up on administrative
suggestions required for future planning and implementation in consultation with Programs
12. Oversees tracking, reconciliations and payments of all vendor and partners’ expenses
Vendor Engagement and Cost Management
13. Participates in implementation and review of Key Performance Indicators for vendors within the region
14. Oversees vendor reconciliations in consultation with Procurement and Finance units
15. Develops and manages updated vendor management procedures for all vendors within Sub Sahara Africa
16. Regularly reviews, analyzes and revises CWS Africa travel expenses
17. Works with Logistics Manager to analyze the market and ensure CWS is receiving value for money
while using competitive vendors within the region.
18. Coordinate vendor engagements including negotiating for better prices and favorable terms of
19. Performs continuous and annual reviews/evaluations of Travel Logistics Officers
20. Builds bench strength for the team by assessing training needs and identifying available trainings for
21. Ensures coaching, mentoring, motivating and corrective action plans are being carried out where
22. Communicates performance expectations during on boarding and training.
23. Monitors and ensures a safe, healthy and professional work environment
24. Actively supports staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy
25. Establishes and communicates clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work
26. Ensures that reasonable working resources are availed to staff in the unit
27. Monitors time and attendance records for supervisors
28. Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave
29. Participates in hiring/recruitment for Logistics positions
30. Ensures that resources availed to staff are used in an efficient manner
31. Other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management
Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) year of experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Knowledge in Supply Chain is an added advantage.
Knowledge in International relations is preferred
Eight (8) year’s work experience is required.
Experience in field team processing activities for various locations is preferred.
Experience in managing administrative roles is preferred
Experience managing travel budgets is preferred
Knowledge in Amadeus or other booking tool is an added advantage
Demonstrated written and verbal English skills;
Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
Demonstrated strong communication skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal relations
Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workload
The Travel and Logistics Supervisor must have the ability to:
maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information;
communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
work well as a team in a multi–cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions
Special Requirements: Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations.
Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job.
Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.
How To Apply