Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Prepare, code, total and batch payment requisitions for subsequent checks by the Regional Finance Manager.
- Maintain projects General ledger in QuickBooks/ Network system and ensure reconciliations.
- Prepare payments against authorized requisitions.
- Prepare and report monthly projects financial reports and budget variance analysis
- File all financial and Field activity records according to the existing filing system.
- Ensure reconciliations of staff field travel cash floats and banking of any cash returns.
- Maintain petty cash account in QuickBooks and make surprise upcountry office petty cash counts.
- Support partner organizations in financial training in reporting and ensure their reports have adequate supporting documents.
- Supporting REC operations in human resource management in activities including systems in accordance to the labor law, tax and statutory requirements. Also the primary point of contact for operations for the countries assigned country.
- Statutory payments such as NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, and VAT are prepared and paid by the deadlines consistently.
- Perform other work duties assigned by the Regional Senior Finance Manager or the Managing Director.
- Relevant academic level education – Bachelor’s degree or higher – in relevant field (e.g. finance and/or accounting) and local equivalent of chartered accountant certification
- Minimum four (4) or more year’s progressive professional accounting, financial, and operations management experience, preferably in the non-profit and/or development sector.
- Working experience with an audit firm will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate, Proficient in QuickBooks and comfortable with e-accounting packages
- Demonstrated working experience with international donor-funded project in East Africa
- Demonstrated proficiency in excel by using automated excel formulas to track unique documents.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to support projects and local partners to effectively meet project needs.
- Ability to work effectively with governmental and non-governmental organizations and local communities in achieving project objectives.
- Excellent reporting skills and ability to relate sensitively to diverse groups.
- Self-driven, trustworthy, pleasant, and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Swahili).
- Excellent critical, creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Ability to work with database applications.
- Knowledge of project funding procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in diverse situations.