Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness.
Stima DT Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country–wide, fast growing, and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco). To achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for qualified and competent persons to fill the following vacancy:
Operations Risk And Compliance Officer
Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager, the job holder will be responsible for establishing and implementing an appropriate Operational & Compliance Risk Management framework in line with the Society’s Strategic Plan, the Risk Management Policy, established Sacco laws and regulations and best financial service industry practices.
He/she will also establish and implement an appropriate continuous monitoring and reporting framework for Ops and Compliance risks that impact on the Sacco.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Implement and monitor implementation of the strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
2. Participate in development and Implementation of a Risk Monitoring and Reporting Framework
3. Develop and operationalize operational risk policies, standards, and procedures for risk management.
4. Ensure that relevant Business policies are effectively embedded within business units,
5. Developing training programs and conducting training on developments in the legal and regulatory frameworks.
6. Ensuring customer portfolio is effectively risk rated and the AML or general compliance Monitoring activity is in line with the risk categorization.
7. Transaction and customer screening for Anti–Money Laundering through daily reports and system generated alerts and subsequently close on all alerts generated with the assistance of AML Analysts.
8. Liaison with the SACCO’s partners and counter parties in relation to all AML & KYC matters and questionnaires
9. Liaison with FRC on daily cash transaction returns, suspicious transactions, and UN 1267 quarterly returns
10. Review the SACCO’s operations to ensure they meet all regulatory requirements set under the SASRA guidelines.
11. Review Branches’ and head office departments’ operational, regulatory, credit risk and compliance risks.
12. Conduct risk assessment for proposed and existing products.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business related courses, Computer Science and ICT or related field from a recognized University.
• Possess professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CISA, FRM CEH, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM or other risk related field. Certification in ICT Security, Audit and Risk Management and or other relevant training shall be an added advantage.
• A minimum of five (5) years working experience in ICT, Banking Operations, Audit, Risk Management and/or Compliance practices,
• Comprehensive knowledge of ERM concepts, operations, and ICT risk management concepts.
• High analytical and problem–solving skills to be able to challenge status quo based on qualitative facts and impacts.
• Demonstrate excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• High ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism
• Planning and organization skills
• Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of Sacco products, services, and policies
• Excellent Customer Experience skills.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should apply on or before 5:00pm on Friday, 10th September 2021 using the link provided in the Society’s website.