Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenyan Chapter of Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM) Association is a national
network of 56 Civil Society Organizations who work with small holder farmers in Kenya. The organization seeks
to fill in the position of a Programme Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Learning (MERL). The
Programme Officer, MERL will be responsible for the development of effective M&E systems that will ensure all
PELUM Kenya programmes contribute to the intended impact and will be based at the Country Secretariat Offices
in Juja, Kenya. The Programme Officer, MERL will be reporting to the Head of Programmes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
•Development of clear and measurable programme–based M&E frameworks that are in line with the Vision,
Mission, and objectives of the Strategic Plan.
• Develop and consolidate the organization’s M&E structure and tools in line with the project–wide M&E
• Develop and update the PELUM Kenya results chain, indicators and develop M&E plans on periodic basis
• Conduct periodic participatory evaluations of PELUM Kenya project activities and subgrantees and develop
reports with clear progress of indicators and offer recommendations
• Be a focal point within Country secretariat for the collation and dissemination of learning from the PELUM
Kenya activities and approaches to contribute to high quality project design across other thematic areas.
• Conduct and coordinate surveys/evaluations such as baseline study, rapid appraisals, end term evaluations etc.
• Design and develop training material and conduct M&E related trainings and build the capacity of PELUM
Kenya staff and Member Organizations on Results Based Management and Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Ensure that all PELUM Kenya programmes are results–based, relevant, effective, and implemented efficiently
for maximum results at all levels: outputs, outcomes and impact
• Collate quarterly reports, annual reports and evidence–based case studies for submission to the management
and the funding partners.
• Provide direction in documentation of “success stories” and other anecdotal information to enhance the overall
quality of performance reports to the donors
• Establish and sustain linkages with funding partners order to increase the profile of PELUM Kenya while at
the same time taking part in fundraising processes including proposal writing.
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of the following desirable qualifications and requirements:
• At least a first degree in project management/monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management,
agriculture, environmental science, and any other community development related discipline. A post graduate
diploma or degree in project management/ monitoring and evaluation, results–based management will be an
• Have at least 6 year’s continuous experience in designing, managing and/or implementing M&E systems and
tools with a reputable NGO or network.
• Excellent knowledge and experience in strategic planning and performance evaluation methodologies and
• Have proven skills in participatory development approaches and have a passion for results–based development.
• Be well conversant with current monitoring and evaluation tools that collects, synthesise and interpret data and
• Have proven experience and skills in resource mobilization including fundraising.
• Be a team player and builder and able to work for long hours with minimal supervision.
• Hold excellent skills in facilitating capacity building processes at national, regional and international meetings
• Hold excellent analytical and communication skills and must have a keen eye for details and ability to write
excellent donor narrative reports.
• Be computer literate with the proven ability to use essential statistical software packages, particularly word,
excel, power point, emails and the internet.
• Be willing and able to travel extensively within and outside the country
• Strong knowledge in research, capacity building and ICT skills;
• Substantive experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronic applications stating current and expected salary and
detailed CVs with a contact mobile phone number, names and contacts of three referees to
email@example.com with the subject: PROGRAMME OFFICER, MERL to reach us by September 13th
Applicants should NOT send attach any scanned copies of certificate or testimonials. Only short listed applicants
will be acknowledged.
PELUM Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.