Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract – with the possibility of extension
Anticipated Start: October 2021
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Program Manager (Chief of Party) for an anticipated five-year USAID funded Global Labour Program in Kenya.
Every individual should be able to enjoy their right to work and their right to protection from exploitation. Working with two of the largest drinks companies in Kenya, ‘Ungana’ will build skills and support job seekers, workers, and employers to achieve an inclusive workforce. We will show other industries and governments how to improve levels of employment, particularly amongst women and men with disabilities, and demonstrate how employment rights can be strengthened for everyone.
About the role:
The Program Manager will hold overall responsibility for delivery of the USAID funded Global Labour Program – Kenya on behalf of a consortium, including leading on strategic program planning, directing partnership development and ensuring implementation of the initiative. The role will involve:
- Managing all aspects of the program
- Working closely with Technical Experts/Advisors and other program staff from consortium members, to align the technical and operational aspects of the program
- Ensuring learning from the project is captured, documented and appropriately discussed and owned within the consortium
- Effective dissemination of learning externally, to support the development of relational capacity building and value chain interventions globally
- Working with wider resources within Sightsavers to lead the development, negotiation and management of all contract agreements with Sightsavers’ implementing partners in collaboration with the Kenya country office team
- Oversight of financial management, budgeting and reporting, working with country and project finance teams to ensure accurate and timely financial management reporting and budgeting
- Working with Sightsavers colleagues and consortium members to ensure effective relationships with key stakeholders, supporting the Global Labour Program, including USAID.
Jobholder entry requirements:
We anticipate that the successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree or be educated to an equivalent level
- Extensive experience and/or qualifications in program/project management in private, humanitarian or development sectors, particularly in disability or other areas of social inclusion
- Experience of sharing and capturing good practice.
- Understanding and experience of a partnership approach to program implementation
- Experience in developing country contexts welcome but not essential
- Knowledge of community based/directed programming would be an advantage
- Knowledge of USAID donor requirements and experience of managing USAID contracts preferred
This is an involved role, please read the job description for further details
How To Apply
We are inviting immediate applications for this role from qualified candidates. Please note that the role is dependent upon confirmation of funding and the program is anticipated to start in October 2021.
Closing date: 19 September 2021
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.