Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Implement a monitoring and evaluation plan for a large-scale, multi-regional maize breeding program, in collaboration with CGIAR centers (CIMMYT, IITA) and partners (e.g., national breeding partners, seed companies).
- Support project implementation through the periodic provision (quarterly) of easy-to-assimilate information on implementation progress, including preliminary and intermediate outcomes
- Ensure that M&E system responds to the needs of program donors, as well as advances program learning across contexts.
- Identify advances in implementation that should be highlighted by the project communications teams and challenges in implementation that should be addressed by program leadership.
- Assist in the development and revision of the annual work plan, and M&E strategies for the project.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in economics, rural development, project management or related field, with particular interest in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Specialized knowledge of maize seed industry in Africa
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in M&E, preferably in connection to applied international development projects/programs in E Africa.
- Familiarity and experience with project management concepts, particularly Logical Frameworks and progress indicators.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to process both quantitative as well as qualitative information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including gender sensitivity and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams as well as to develop strong and effective working relationships with partners.
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural conditions.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level. Typically, this would include minor programming using macros, mail merge, designing customized reports, developing audio visual presentations.