Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Program Associate – Ending FGM (FNT/EOI/66/2021)
Functionally Reports to: SRHR Lead and Program Officer ,SRHR and will work closely with with FEMNET secretariat and regional teams in various countries
FEMNET, a Pan-African Regional Women’s Rights Network that has been in existence since 1988 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women’s rights through delivery of critical information, and strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations is seeking to engage a Program Associate – Ending FGM on 6 months short term contract (October 2021 – March 2022) to be based at the Secretariat in Nairobi.
Purpose of the Job
The Programme Associate -Ending FGM will ensure a smooth implementation of activities in the target Spotlight countries, coordinate partners within the Spotlight Initiative project on Ending FGM in Africa, as well as supporting the SRHR portfolio in FEMNET by planning; overseeing implementation, supporting FEMNET to stay on track with the agreed deliverable and budgets; guiding communication and visibility; promoting coalition leadership to advance programme elements; convening the coalition members and women rights leaders and organizations focusing on ending FGM ; ensuring monitoring of the joint workplan; serving as secretariat to the National Steering Committee; ensuring adequate flow of information within the secretariat and to all coalition members; ensuring a joint narrative of results between all implementation components of the programme as well as consolidating reporting according to timelines and guidelines provided.
Terms of Reference
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation and management of the Ending FGM project in Kenya, Niger, Somalia, Guinea, Egypt
- Work closely with different coalition working on ending FGM to ensure a coordinated, well-functioning and aligned presence of the project.
- Work closely with FEMNET and UN agencies to support in overseeing implementation, schedules, deliverables, and budgets as articulated in the programme document and liaise with the Spotlight Secretariat when programme revisions are foreseen.
- Ensure the programme is implemented in compliance with the approved document and in collaboration with various UN agencies, Implementing Partners and the National Steering Committee (NSC).
- Provide strategic support to achieve programme outcomes, consolidate AWP, budgets, and reports.
- Lead the development of system and processes necessary for the tracking, planning and execution of all programme activities and programme-related governance structures.
- Oversee the monitoring of the programme implementation at all stages, with particular and special attention to the analysis of risks and other difficulties, initiate remedial actions when necessary.
- Support FEMNET to facilitate the Mid-Term Review, periodic evaluations, and the independent final Evaluation.
- Provide support, coordinate the convening, the Civil Society Reference Groups, Women Rights organizations, coalitions, and the Technical Committees prepare working documents for discussion at the meetings.
- Ensure the timely preparation of joint substantive, financial and other project reports stipulated in the programming document for their submission to FEMNET and UN and the annual workplan including the financing required.
- Facilitate technical assistance, programme development advisory services, and capacity development to the Ending FGM project.
- Oversee the technical coherence through supporting the coalition and linking to Spotlight Initiative implementation approach and strategy.
- Ensure the project team draws from the relevant experts in the agencies to support project implementation and results.
- Facilitate the joint delivery of results by the different coalitions that will reduce transactional costs, duplication and build economies of scale.
- Organize periodic consultations with key stakeholders to gather inputs on the programme design, as necessary.
- Prepare and provide guidance to implementing partners on Result Based Management and performance indicators including the Spotlight Initiative implementation strategy focusing on outputs and outcomes.
- Provide reports to and advise the SRHR Lead and Head of Programmes on programme performance and results.
- Coordinate with all key partners including the UN, government, donor and civil society to ensure harmonization of Ending FGM (SI) interventions with other efforts particularly on capacity-building and technical assistance.
- Manage budget and finalize financial reports.
- Manage the allocated Programme Management Unit (PMU) budget and finalize financial reports and provide relevant support to the coalition members and Women Rights organizations in consolidation of their plans and reports.
- Oversee the work of the coalition members supported by FEMNET, via mentoring and effective supervision of their work.
- Lead advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Lead and manage advocacy and communication efforts (in collaboration with UN (UNFPA, UNICEF, UNDP) and other coalition members within the Spotlight Initiative-Ending FGM Project.
- Represent the Spotlight Initiative-Ending FGM Project in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to ending FGM project.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning.
- Lead the development of knowledge management strategies and methodologies and products on Ending FGM Project with input from thematic experts from the agencies.
- Lead the development of a joint resource mobilization and sustainability strategy in coordination with the SRHR Lead, Head of programmes and M&E Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender/Women’s studies, International Development, or a related field is required.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
Knowledge skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience at national, regional, and international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FGM/C projects.
- Proven experience in coordinating and liaising with government agencies, women rights movements, coalitions, and civil society.
- Experience working with Women Rights Movements, FGM Networks and coalitions and UN System would be an added advantage.
- Experience in leading/managing a team and coalition
- Experience and knowledge in of the Sub-Saharan Africa especially East Africa-Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, West Africa -Nigeria, Niger and Southern Africa -Mozambique and Malawi and Zambia will be an added asset.
- English, Kiswahili and French as an added advantage
Desired Behavioural attributes
- Integrity and ethics: High integrity and ethical behavior in all dealings and ensure that own behavior is consistent with FEMNET’s values and standards
- Professionalism: Demonstrates high standards and expertise in all areas of work
- Result oriented: Consistently meet set goals, focused and goal oriented. Proactive and responsive to staff and stakeholder needs
- Team player/ Interpersonal relations-Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally to achieve the goals; ability to thrive well in diverse teams
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; values diversity and inclusion, creates a supportive work environment which enables team members to be effective and realise their potential
- Networking and relationship management,
- Demonstrates commitment to gender equality and women’s and girls’ rights
- Passionate, resilience, and determination
- A critical thinker and analyst
A good communicator with the ability to influence conversations/ dialogues in various policy and technical spaces
For more information about FEMNET’s work, visit our website: http://www.femnet.org
Remuneration: will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their intent letter (not more than 2 pages responding to each major requirement), accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (not more than 3 pages including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mail only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the reference on the subject line as ‘Programme Associate – Ending FG MFNT/EOI/66/2021’
Deadline for submission of applications is on 13th September 2021
Please note: Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safety for all in all our activities. FEMNET is committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, culture, and experience. We will make any practical adjustments to enable people with a disability to participate fully in an inclusive working environment. Please let us know in advance if you have a disability and require any special assistance in making your application.
Only applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.