Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Nairobi/Samburu
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
- The role will work with the Supply Chain Coordinator and the Supply chain team to build the programmes Supply chain and operational capacity to plan and manage programmes resources and assets efficiently and effectively, assist the programmes meet their commitments and deliverables to their beneficiaries and donors.
- By providing support to programme Supply chain on the specific aspects of Supply chain and programmes delivery, it is expected the Supply chain Officer will be able to help programmes to :
- Identify significant reduction in their operational running costs through the utilization and allocation of resources and helping programme implement effective recharge mechanisms
- Improve accountability to donors and beneficiaries through implementation of regular reporting and strong control mechanisms.
- Assist in the improvement of the quality and timeliness of projects delivery.
Key Areas of Accountability
- The Supply chain officer will ensure procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management and assets activities are carried out as per the SCI Supply chain Policies.
- Ensure proper reporting of all Supply chain Activities in a timely manner and in line with financial control mechanisms for Procurement and support management of stock, and assets.
- Consolidate and review the monthly Supply chain reports documenting action points and timelines to achieve them as well as follow ups.
- Assist the Supply chain Coordinator in providing inductions to updates to Supply chain and programmes teams on Supply chain procedures and procedures.
- Develop together with support of supply chain coordinator, performance objectives and indicators as well as personal development goals.
- As a point person, ensure timely supplies of programmes materials to various field offices.
- Working with the Supply chain Coordinator in determining the sources of supply of goods and services to meet programme needs.
- Develop and consolidate procurement plans and schedules with various project managers and ensure they are adhered to.
- Support management of programmes stocks, ensuring proper storage of stocks, stock levels are maintained in relation with programmes consumption.
- Consolidate and plan for transportation of project supplies to various field offices in a timely, reliable and cost effective manner.
- Support in managing the incoming and outgoing stock according to the warehousing and stock Management standards.
- Support the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to their specific requirements
- Assist in ensuring all stock are accounted for and dispatched with appropriate and relevant documentations and authorizations.
- Assist in ensuring that all project supplies are tracked using appropriate variables/criteria from point of dispatch to distribution/delivery.
- Assist in ensuring all stock movements are documented using SCI documents (GRNs, Waybills, Stock Releases, Stock Cards, Stock Reports)
- Assist in preparing and circulating the warehouse report on a weekly basis to the relevant budget holders and programme staff.
- Assist in ensuring all stock discrepancies/damages are properly documented, investigated and reported to budget holders and Supply chain Coordinator.
- Assist in Organizing and planning for the transportation of project supplies to the various field offices.
- Assist in ensuring warehouses are kept secure at all times and are maintained, clean, well -organised and pest free.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Logistics Management, business administration or related area
- 4 years prior experience in logistics management in the NGO sector, within country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Experiencing in managing, and supervising and training staff in supply chain
- Ability to prepare Supply Chain reports
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral; Local language skills a major advantage.
- Qualified native candidates from Samburu counties are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.