Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project Assistant – Data Analyst
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its current Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV generally visit our website:www.snv.org
SNV EnDev Project
The SNV EnDev Phase III project titled “Accelerating Access to Energy Services” is a market development initiative being implemented in Kenya as part of projects supported by the EnDev Programme. The new implementation phase began here in Kenya in October 2019.
The overall objective of the SNV EnDev phase III project is to contribute to the Kenya’s SE4All initiative whose goal is to achieve 100% universal access to modern energy services by 2030 for both cooking and electricity. The project therefore includes two major components, namely ‘’the cooking component’’ and “the electricity component” and will intervene in three major areas, specifically the supply side, demand side and the enabling environment.
Through a market-based approach, the project will partner with the private sector to establishing and strengthening supply and distribution of quality off-grid solar powered systems and clean cooking solutions, resulting to increased productivity, employment creation and increased incomes, therefore contribution towards the nation’s economic development. Therefore, the project will provide support to the stoves and solar producers or manufacturers and their rural distribution partners.
The project will closely monitor project implementation including activities implemented by the beneficiary organizations, results and theory of change resulting from the project interventions. This will involve coordinating delivery of the results and reporting including sales data and information on business transformation from the individual beneficiaries. The scope of work will thereofe involve analysis, verificatiosn and validation of of the data and information provided by the beneficiaries.
Role of Project Assistant
Reporting to the Lead Advisor EnDev, the data analyst will support internal and external data analysis and verification processes for the EnDev project components. The data analyst will therefore undertake the following:
- In close collaboration and consultation with the project team, ensure monthly data collection and/or follow-up to ensure beneficiary submissions within 2 weeks after the end of the reporting month i.e. by 15th day of the following month.
- Review and validate beneficiary data reports including compliance, eligibility, and quality (completeness, accuracy, and veracity) checks based on project guidelines, approved products for support through the project, eligible counties, and other project requirements.
- Undertake, facilitate, or support internal verification processes including phone verification, monitoring visits/spot checks, validation of beneficiary data and progress reports, and completion of internal verification reports.
- Where applicable and in close consultation with the project team, facilitate and support independent verification agents, market and baseline studies, and project assessments, on aspects related to data reviews and analysis including ensuring quality control on data verification processes and review/completion of data and verification reports.
- Lead the data and trend analysis tasks to facilitate progress monitoring and overall project progress reporting.
- Contribute towards knowledge development through in-depth data analytics of project experiences and performance trends.
- Contribute to SNV’s business development and provide needs-based support to other projects/programmes/initiatives, in particular on M&E coordination.
- At least 2 years of experience in the data analytics and/or M&E sector
- Relevant degree in social sciences, computer sciences or similar data-heavy discipline
- Professional experience in the offgrid energy sector is a plus
- Proficiency in MS-Office, Excel and other programmes for data collection (e.g. AkvoFlow and similar) and data management/analysis (e.g. SPSS, PowerBI)
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently with a range of actors in challenging environments and geographic settings
- Strong commitment, passion and positive attitude to work
- Organised and methodical, with attention to detail
Duration – The contract will be full-time for 12 months, with possibility of extension subject to good performance and availability of funds.
Duty station – Nairobi with travel to field offices.
Desired start date – 1 November 2021 or sooner
How To Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 17th September 2021, attaching your CV and cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees. All responses should be made in English.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment