Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Village Enterprise is an innovative microenterprise development organization working in East Africa to reduce poverty with the following mission – “To end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation.” Village Enterprise provides business training, seed capital/start-up funds and mentoring to entrepreneurs annually to start new businesses.
Position Overview: USAID Nawiri is a Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) funded by the USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Aid (BHA). The Project aims to sustainably reducelevels of acute malnutrition among vulnerable populations in Isiolo and Marsabit counties of ASAL regions of Kenya. Village Enterprise is working amongst other partners to pilot an ultra-poor graduation approach, that is adapted for nutrition. The pilot seeks to generate evidence in how transitioning the extremely poor and chronically vulnerable households from extreme poverty, coupled with other health and nutrition education and counselling, and social behavior change interventions, can reduce acute malnutrition among children under the age of 5. The findings of the pilot will then inform scaling up the approach.
Regional Manager (RM) , Village Enterprise.
Village Enterprise Regional Manager (RM) is a passionate highly dynamic, technically capable and strong leader. The RM provides direct oversight and management of the Field Associates in the North Horr Region, represents Village Enterprise’s interest at the regional and government level, and must additional responsibilities in a higher level when called upon. The organization prides itself on supportive, positive management, and the RM is core to this culture within Village Enterprise.
Operations Implementation Management
- Works with the County Lead and Program Manager to create annual field implementation He/she will further break these down to quarterly and monthly plans for execution.
- Ensure tasks listed in field implementation plan are being met in a quality and timely manner
- Updates Wrike Project management tool upon completion of
- Meet with the County Lead and Program Manager on a quarterly basis to review goals for the respective
- Supervises Field Associates, providing support during biweekly meetings and coaching Business Mentors as
- Coordinate with Field Associates to ensure all information and documentation required for grants disbursement is submitted to the F&A team as per the implementation plan. This will include but not limited to working with the M&E team to ensure clean verified data is submitted to the F&A team.
- Handle logistics for procurement of funds and transportation to the field during the disbursement period
- Act for and on behalf of the County Lead and Program Manager in his/her absence or when required.
Project Implementation Management
- Work closely with team members of the Partnership Management unit to deliver on
- Use Project Management Launch plan to execute tasks assigned to the Project Manager
- Coordinate with relevant partners on the assigned
Cross-functional Team Coordination
- Work closely with the Nawiri consortium partners at the sub-county level to execute the
- Co-ordinate all Adapted Nutrition-Friendly Graduation activities at the sub-county level, including ensuring the partners in charge of Health and Nutrition & SBC interventions are
- Work closely with functional teams to ensure smooth implementation of field implementation plan
- Coordinates with the Snr. MEAL Co-ordinator and Enterprise & Savings Lead to draw up field training schedules for each cycle incorporating M&E activities.
- Collaborates with Finance and Administration (F&A) team to calculate stipends for field team and generate list of field equipment and Materials for procurement
Human Resources and Administration
- Works closely with Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) to ensure adequately staffing of the field
- Participates in the recruitment process of Business Mentors and Field
- Working closely with the HRC, provides annual reviews to field staff that include a written performance appraisal, and ensure that objectives identified in these reviews are achieved in a timely manner
Financial Oversight and Control
- Participate in budget reviews on a quarterly basis
- Review weekly planned expenses and Field team stipends
- Approve office expenditures that are not more than $500
- Provide reporting to the F&A team on disbursements and any grants that go unfunded
Assist other Functional Teams
- Support the Project Manager, County Lead, F&A, M&E, Innovations teams as needed
- Represent Village Enterprise at conferences, events and at the government level when needed
- Assist with roll-out of new activities, processes and procedures from functional teams
- Continuously sensitize program participants about possible risks of child abuse, sexual/financial exploitation, and prevention and response
- Ensure compliance with VE’s safeguarding policies and Code of Conduct in all programs, operations and
- Report any incident of child or adult safeguarding in program operations for appropriate action and follow
- University degree or equivalent in development, program management, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years working in management of development programs for an international organization.
- A valid driving license for a motorbike is an added advantage. (This does not mean that qualified female candidates who are culturally not allowed to ride a motorbike will be excluded, in any case they are highly encouraged to apply)
- Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrate experience in managing projects and planning.
- An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact as demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse set of individuals and personalities.
- Excellence in IT skills, proficient in Google suite and related resources relevant for communication, planning and presentation
- Experience in dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders representing government, external partners, and others.
- Computer literate and proficient
- Fluency in English is a must.
Village Enterprise will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Village will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Village Enterprise does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by the law. Village will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations. Village Enterprise recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation and expects all employees to share in the same commitment.
Village Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.