Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The role holder will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data, data infrastructure and data pipeline architecture. They will spend time optimizing data flows and systems in support of cross functional teams. They will be responsible for designing and maintaining data pipelines, ensuring that data platforms, production schedules, and self-service tools are operating efficiently and always available. The holder will be required to work with analysts and developers to design and maintain data infrastructure to support business requirements.
- Design implement and support bank data infrastructure
- Design and implement ETL pipelines into data warehouse and other data structures in use by the bank
- Prepare large data sets for analytics through labelling, scheduling, and error checking.
- Design and support streaming data pipelines into KAFKA and ensure they are always available and usable
- Design systems to track data quality and consistency to ensure data is accurate and up to date for both on premise and cloud data sources.
- Ensure both on premise and cloud infrastructure are always available.
- Build and maintain logical data models, data marts and multidimensional cubes for reporting and analytics
- Automate data pipelines for Data Science team in support of ML and AI automation
- Manage and optimize Data Science algorithms and procedures in production
- Maintain high availability of self-service analytics infrastructure and data platforms.
- Monitor and grant access to reports and dashboards deployed on self-service platforms
- Implement standards set by the data governance team in development of data artefacts and BI solutions
- Track consumption of analytics resources and ensure equitable distribution to other analytics teams.
- Actively challenge status quo and offer ideas to improve operations and existing solutions deployed by colleagues
- Work in sprints with multidisciplinary teams including Analysts, data scientists, product managers, agile delivery managers, to scope, plan and deliver data driven insight
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, technology, data science, business analytics or math focused fields is preferred (or equivalent on-the-job experience and personal analytics projects).
- Certified in AWS, SQL or Hadoop infrastructure support is preferred
- Minimum 3 years Technical experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in remote teams
- Experience in working within a large complex organization with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of technology project management tools such as JIRA, Planner, DevOps
- Evidence of experience in maintenance on premise and cloud server stacks
- Experience in automating ingestion pipelines from disparate sources and/or reporting from streaming datasets and event architectures
- Experience working with big data technologies (preferably within AWS or Azure)
- Technical understanding and experience in data engineering tools (Apache Spark, Hadoop, Impala, Hive, Hue, DataBricks)
- Experience in data tools (Tableau, SAS, QlikView, PowerBI, Python, R, Knime, Alteryx)
- Working knowledge of Hadoop and MS SQL, PowerShell and SSIS
- Experience in creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience in maintenance of SQL Server and Hadoop Clusters
- Proficiency in using query languages across multiple platforms
- Experience in object-oriented programing/function scripting language is an added advantage
- Evidence of working with both structured and unstructured data
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date 2021-09-13