Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Academy Mombasa provides a world-class education to exceptional students who possess strong leadership potential, on a merit basis. Pluralism is a core value of the educational programme; the student body reflects marked diversity and includes both national and international students from all socio-economic backgrounds. AKA Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offering an IB curriculum that is locally rooted and globally relevant. Academy graduates consistently earn places and scholarships at the world’s top universities. We are looking for a passionate and experienced candidate for the following position.
Job Summary: We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who will be responsible for supporting teachers and assisting students in Junior School with their educational and social development, both in and outside the classroom.
Responsibilities & Roles:
- To assist with planning of teaching and learning in the assigned classrooms under the mentorship / supervision of the class teacher.
- To observe and develop strategies that embrace student inquiry and assist in the differentiation of activities to meet the needs of all students.
- To assist the class teacher in authentic assessment of students, including the maintenance of records to track student progress. Such information is to be communicated sensitively, effectively and honestly with parents and guardians. Whilst this is the responsibility of the class teacher, interns may be called to participate to provide support.
- To assist the class teacher in the safety and security of each student in the classroom and around school at all times.
- To contribute towards and be an active participant in the extra-curricular part of the AKA, M programme and student life; enrichment, student field-trips, whole school events and initiatives, residential week-end duties.
- To contribute towards building a student culture of self-regulation and self-efficacy adhering to the values of the academy and the student code of conduct.
- To assist the class teacher in the organization of resources for the programme and in the maintenance of existing inventory.
- Actively participate in the Appraisal for Growth process as a member of the AKA, Mombasa professional learning community. This will include the development of a personal portfolio to illustrate the journey of your professional learning.
- At least a Diploma in Education
- Professional Teaching Qualification
- TSC Registered
- At least 1 year of teaching experience is preferred
- Early Years/Primary experience would be an added advantage