Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Girl Effect is an innovative NGO that uses media to inform, inspire and empower teenage girls all over the world. Our aim is to equip them to make positive choices around their health, their education and their financial futures. To do that, we work with a global network of creatives to produce websites, chatbots, magazines, radio shows and serialised dramas for TV, amongst other media products.
Our Creative Partnership Lead sits within the Global Create team and is responsible for supporting multiple Girl Effect geographies with Creative Production, producing and project managing ‘special projects’ within Create’s portfolio and owning and expanding Girl Effect’s ‘black book’ of external creative contacts.
What you will do
Supporting Girl Effect geographies and programmes with Creative Production
- Develop consistent processes for managing creative production and creative resourcing requests from global and local teams
- Advise on geo team production models and procurement of creative services
- Develop consistent ways of onboarding and briefing creative partners
- Design and communicate clear ways of working across the briefing, contracting, development and delivery phases of a creative production
- Work to establish a consistent approach to costing production resource across geographies, spotting inconsistencies and discrepancies at a global level
Creative resourcing and networking
- Expand our existing black book to boost contacts in Girl Effect geographies, including brand and creative strategists, art directors and graphic designers, UX and UI designers, photographers and videographers, illustrators, animators and copywriters.
- Scope out established and emerging talent in Girl Effect geographies, both freelancers and agencies
- Identify creative resource gaps and clashes and proactively plan for these, at both a global and local level
- Build a sense of a ‘global network’ of creatives, encouraging connections and collaborations where possible
- Support the Director, Creative Production with the management and resourcing of the in-house Create team
- Stay abreast of global creative industry trends and talents
- Support the Creative Production Director by producing and project managing ad-hoc creative projects that amplify, accelerate and complement our core SBCC programmes
- Provide Creative Production support to other Global departments when required, e.g., Storytelling and Revenue, Global product/programme teams
Who you are
An ambitious and dynamic self-starter with the motivation to build and realize a vision. This role is an excellent opportunity to spearhead the Girl Effect’s strategy for more diverse creative networks and resourcing. You are a confident communicator who can build strong internal relationships across multiple teams in multiple geographies, as well as establish external relationships with the best creative partners in the geographies Girl Effect operates.
Minimum experience required
- 6-8 years working in a production or studio management role at creative agency or media organisation
- Direct experience of working with creatives across a wide range of creative disciplines
- Experience of negotiating with and contracting freelance creatives and agencies to deliver creative assets
- Experience of working with youth-brands
- Experience working internationally is desirable, with a proven sensitivity to low-income and marginalised populations
- Experience of working directly with a wide range of creatives; designers, illustrators, animators, producers, directors, videographers, editors, etc.
This role is being recruited on 12 months fixed term contract basis.
This role is subject to a standard background disclosure.
Application closes on 17th September 2021