Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
The Creative Production Director is a central role within Girl Effect’s Create team; a global network of experts in content development and production, digital products and platforms, and branding and visual design. The role provides critical operational support to the Head of Create and requires a broad production and project management skill set with knowledge and expertise of both traditional and digital media.
At a global level, the Creative Production Director partners with the Head of Create and Programme leads to optimise our products and their impact for girls. You will advise on production models and budgets, developing processes that inspire creative and resourceful thinking across Girl Effect and creating organisational blueprints for ways of working during creative development and production.
You will oversee resourcing and workflow for the Global Create team, ensuring the team are able to work at their best and with the right prioritisation and sequencing. The role is also responsible for building and expanding our network of creative partners, agencies and freelancers, supported by our Creative Networks lead.
At a local level, the Creative Production Director is a thought-partner and mentor for local teams to build processes and production models that facilitate the delivery of their creative products. You also work to facilitate communication and knowledge-sharing for creative teams across our geographies.
What you will do
- Support Head of Create with department strategy and operations, including budgeting, resourcing, and planning. Oversee and track the Global Create budget
- Maintain a macro content/product schedule to accurately reflect all creative production activity at Girl Effect
- Communicate learnings and processes across the business to foster strong in-house production and commissioning knowledge within Girl Effect
- Build an international network of creative and production industry-experts that provide capacity-building expertise for in-country teams
- Partner with Procurement on sourcing and contracting processes for creative agencies, production partners and freelancers/consultants
- Work with Finance and Programmes on budget reviews and reforecasts
- Provide ballpark budgets and costs during Programme Design phases
- Facilitate effective communication across geographies and back to the global Create team
- Advise on local production schedules and budgets when required
- Advise on capacity-building solutions for new ventures, product improvements or product innovations
- Develop direct relationships with local in-house creatives where appropriate
- Develop direct relationships with local creative/production companies where appropriate
Who you are
Essential Experience & Skills:
- You have around 10-15 years’ production or creative project management experience at a media owner/publisher or creative agency
- Experience of directly managing production partners, agencies and consultants to create quality creative work
- Experience of working directly with Creatives in a range of disciplines, including but not limited to, creative directors, copywriters, scriptwriters, designers, illustrators, crew, creative producers, creative agencies.
- Experience of scoping high-value creative projects and contracts of up to and over £250,000
- Experience of complex matrix reporting and working in cross-functional teams
- Multiplatform or integrated production experience
- Knowledge and experience of working across all stages of a creative project (strategy and research, creative and/or editorial development, technical development and build, scoping, budgeting, pre-production, production, post-production, quality assurance, reconciliations, retrospectives, etc.)
- Experience of maximising efficiency and effectiveness in creative and production processes
- International experience and knowledge of behaviour change initiatives that deliver reach and impact is desirable
- Nuanced cultural sensitivity is critical
- Demonstrates an engaging and communicative working style, balancing humility and authority
- Able to move fluidly between big picture, ‘helicopter view’ planning, to the detail of the minutiae of an individual project
- Comfortable working in an environment where processes and systems need to be built ‘from scratch’. Able to confidently bring structure and order to new ways of working and new teams being established in the organisation.
- Demonstrates energy, resilience, and passion for the work; takes a solutions-focused approach to overcome challenges
- Exceptional communicator in person and in writing to influence, engage and persuade others at all levels of the business
- Effective problem solver, identifies and ‘fixes’ the right things at the right time to create agility and avoid bureaucracy
- Adaptable to situations and people; works to bring out the best in others and tailors own approach to achieve positive results
- Respectful of and sensitive to multiple cultural contexts
This role is being recruited on 12 months fixed term contract basis.
This role is subject to a standard background disclosure.
Application closes on 17th September 2021