Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Transactional Banking
Department: Transactional Banking
Location: Head Office, Nairobi
The position holder is responsible for understanding Customer needs, developing tailored solutions to meet their needs, guiding the acquisition teams at the branches in structuring Trade Finance deals and ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies (both Shariah and other) and mitigating risks.
- Develop marketing and business strategies to expand customer portfolio.
- Develop Structured Finance business in line with the bank’s business strategy and meet profit targets.
- Develop Shariáh Compliant Trade Finance products that meet the customers’ needs.
- Focus on market segmentations, client acquisitions and diversified product range in order to drive value from clients, ensuring increased product per client.
- Develop and maintain relationships within allocated portfolio.
- Grow the Bank’s market share through the delivery of innovative trade finance products and services
- Provide support to the various business units (Retail, SME and Corporate) on trade finance.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements,
- Develop and continuously reviewing business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance.
- Achieve budgeted Trade Finance targets as defined in the performance contract
- Training and capacity building on trade finance across the Bank
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree from a recognized institution
- Possession of a post graduate degree or professional qualification shall be an added advantage
- Must possess sound knowledge of Bank products.
- Minimum 6 years in Banking with 3 years in Trade Finance Business development role
- International business understanding including rules, laws and procedures of international trade, e.g. UCP, URDG, Incoterms, AML/CFT
- Technical knowledge in trade finance with demonstrated working experience
- Strong track record in business development and business networking which should be clearly demonstrated
- Excellent selling skills
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Pleasant, honest, outgoing, well-groomed and self-driven person of high integrity.
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely-both orally and in writing,
- Ability to make prompt decisions and be independent in problem solving,
- Good time management skills
- Emotional Intelligence; Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure.
Application Deadline: 13th September 2021