Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Manager, Shari’ah
To ensure that the Bank is in compliance with Shari’ah directives, resolutions and Fatwas of Shari’ah Supervisory Board (‘SSB’)of the Bank
- Receive regular MIS and confirmation from the business departments and branches relating to the Shari’ah Compliance of key transactions.
- Review all credit facilities and provide recommendations on structuring of the facilities in accordance with Shariah guidelines.
- Measure, monitor, control and manage (under the supervision and guidance of Shari’ah Manager) any real or perceived risk of Shari’ah non-compliance by the Bank across the entire organization including fundamental (or primary) as well as tertiary (or peripheral) activities, operations and functions.
- Review and understand all Shari’ah Supervisory Board pronouncements, guidelines, instructions, previous internal Shari’ah Audit results, relevant correspondences to be able to conduct reviews of the business.
- Conduct Shari’ah audits, prepare reports and discuss findings with stakeholders
- Communicate with all level of management, Shari’ah Manager SSB and external auditor.
- Share the reviewed case, rectifications and inquiries for clarification with the Shari’ah Manager.
- Assist in providing input, from Shari’ah perspective, to various teams in engaged in product development and systems implementations.
- Assist in attending to customers’ queries related to Shari’ah Matters.
- Assist in researching on best practice for Shari’ah Banking and integrating it in the Bank’s products.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from a recognized University
- Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance will be an added advantage
- Working experience of at least five years in Islamic banking and finance
- Good understanding of Shari’ah Law
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven track record in auditing profession
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent persuasion and influencing skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and follow up
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent communication, analytical interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- A passion for good work, team player and an achiever in a competitive and dynamic working environment
- Self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal and problem solving skills
Application Deadline: 13th September 2021