Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KCB Foundation has partnered with MasterCard Foundation through their programme Young Africa Works, to jointly implement an innovative 5-Year (2019 -2024) nationwide program that will create 1.5 Million Jobs. This project will be implemented under the 2Jiajiri programme of the KCB Foundation. The partnership targets to reach 114,000 beneficiaries categorized as Micro and Small Enterprises, primarily in Manufacturing, Agricultural and Construction Sectors. The program seeks to alleviate poverty for Women and Youth in the informal sector through Wealth Creation and Employment.
2Jiajiri is an end-to-end social transformational program divided into three phases. Phase one involves technical training, where beneficiaries undergo competency-based training in a vocational craft. In phase two, beneficiaries’ are incubated through Business Development consultancy Services, which includes access to Credit. In phase three, beneficiaries reach maturity and transition into the market.
KCB Foundation was established in 2007 to implement the KCB Bank Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility programs and as a sign of commitment to sustainable development to alleviate poverty and enhance well-being.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Operations, the Agricultural Specialist will be responsible for providing overall agricultural technical and administrative oversight to all agricultural activities of the Project on behalf of KCBF in liaison with the various implementing partners. The job holder will work in close collaboration with implementing partners responsible for farm production, construction and manufacturing. S/he will also work closely with Clerk of Works and the Project’s M&E Manager.
- Ensure execution of all tasks and activities related to agricultural production in time and as per agreed standards and operating procedures in liaison with the implementing partners.
- Work with the relevant implementing partners and Clerk of Works to identify appropriate crops to be produced across the farms suited to the local contexts.
- Be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of crop production, productivity and income related to targeted crops being produced.
- Provide technical guidance on farm specifications, farm inputs and hydroponic structures.
- Embed crop management and agronomical best practices across all hydroponic and other crop farms by implementing partners, farm managers, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Provide progress and completion reports on relevant Project activities to Chief of Party, DCOP-Operations and M&E Manager.
- Providing periodic operations reports to the management team, reporting on progress vs targets and production reports.
- Support the M&E Manager in the design and implementation of the monitoring framework and plan as it relates to the agriculture component of the Project.
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety.
- Management, training and supervision of all farm staff.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders in the Project.
- Work with DCOP Operations to ensure all farms are adequately resourced with necessary human and physical resources to enable efficient and optimal performance.
- Oversee the work of all farm managers and be responsible for performance management of any staff working under him/her.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Agriculture, Horticulture or related field from an institution recognized by
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture; Horticulture or related field is added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Project Management or Monitoring & Evaluation will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in Agricultural Production (mixed farming) & Agricultural Projects management.
- At least 3 years in Hydroponics farming and 2 years in climate smart agriculture.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in monitoring & evaluation.
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills.
- This is a Fixed term role as per the project lifespan.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 17 September 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful in an interview, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable