Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Head of Financial Reporting & Controls
Our Client, a reputable financial institution within the region, is looking for a creative, strategic thinking, highly qualified and experienced individual to fill the role of Head of Financial Reporting & Controls. The ideal candidate will be experienced in all aspects of financial reporting, general ledger administration, fixed assets accounting, payment management, internal financial controls, budgeting and control, taxation, financial projects, administration and staff matters. This role will suit an individual who has excellent analytical, leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal skills and a proven track record in establishing and leading highly efficient financial solutions.
Reporting to the Director Finance & Strategy, the role holder will be responsible for leading and driving the design and execution of financial services and the overall management of the finance department.
Summary of responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Head, Financial Reporting and Controls will be:
- Providing leadership to the finance management team to ensure timely delivery of all financial statements.
- Supporting the Director Finance & Strategy in ensuring there is proper staffing and development of finance staff .
- Ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared and shared in accordance with the Institution’s and Group Accounting policies and respond to any queries that may arise.
- Reporting any instances of non-compliance with local statutory and CBK guidelines / requirements to the Director Finance.
- To monitor the application of the chart of accounts and ensure only authorized adjustments are passed into the General ledger.
- Reviewing reconciliations between the General ledger and other supporting systems.
- Initiating, coordinating and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of fixed assets.
- Reviewing payments/balances and ensuring prompt payments of expense creditor accounts.
- Providing management with regular reports on expense creditor payments and creditor accounts and balances.
- Liaise with internal and external audits, and regulators to ensure that all audit actions points relating to financial controls are implemented in full and on time.
- Supporting the Director Finance & Strategy in managing the information systems by ensuring all systems are subject to controls and satisfy the reporting requirements of the business.
- Supervising the implementation of the FCP ( Financial Commercial Paper) and other financial controls.
- Participating in preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Institution and ensure budgets and forecasts are reviewed regularly.
- Ensuring compliance with the local corporate , income and other tax regimes e.g. withholding tax, VAT, reverse tax etc.
- Monitoring, evaluating finance projects and giving feedback to the Director Finance and Strategy.
- Managing staff matters in the Financial Controls, Management Information System and Account payable units of finance department.
- Contributing to maintenance of high professional financial standards in the Institution’s operations.
- Managing a good relationship with other departments to ensure service delivery as per Service Level Agreements (SLA).
The ideal candidate will have both Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking or Business related field and be a full member of a relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK. The candidate should also have a minimum of ten (10 ) years’ experience in finance seven (7) years of which should be at a senior management level in financial reporting and controls.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before 10 September, 2021. Only applications submitted through the email address stated in the advert will be considered.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.