Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Child Protection and Safeguarding Assistant
Closing date for applications: 15 September 2021
Reports to: Senior Child protection and Safeguarding Officer
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya – Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Child Protection and Safeguarding Assistant
Under the supervision of the Senior Child protection and Safeguarding Officer, The Child Protection and Safeguarding Assistants will be responsible for the planning, implementation and reporting of all child protection and safeguarding program activities.
The incumbent will report directly to Senior Child protection and Safeguarding Officer or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of the child protection and safeguarding activities in the area program.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, within budget and according to quality standards as per the monthly plans
- Take lead in community based outreaches, celebration of international events, awareness raising activities for children, parents, teachers and implementation of trainings, workshops and events.
- Identify and build links with other partners, teachers and community leadership ensuring that issues related to child protection and safeguarding are raised and addressed
- Participate in review of project results and progress
- Produce timely weekly reports on child protection and safeguarding activities conducted during the week
- Coordinate logistical aspects of the program together with the logistics and MEAC office; including raising purchase requisitions, organizing for trainings, meetings, and distributions
- Work with the community based staff, teachers and community leaders to strengthen referral networks and linkages with the community to ensure prevention and protection of children in the camp
- Build the capacity of community based incentive staff to independently carry out the work child protection and safeguarding activities within communities.
- Supervise the work of community based incentive staff
- Responsible to immediately share information with supervisor to respond to challenges met while implementing.
- Any other duties that contribute to the Child protection and safeguarding program objective.
Academic and professional Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in community development work implementing child protection and safeguarding programs
- Degree in Child Development, Sociology, Community Development / Development studies, or other related degrees from a recognized institution.
- Computer proficiency.
- Work experience in humanitarian context
- Ability to document reports, good practice and lessons learned in Child Protection & safeguarding Programming.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Good understanding of CRC and other relevant international human rights standards protecting the rights of children.
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.