Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date of issue: 1st September 2021
Deadline for application: 14th September 2021
Job Title: Psychologist
Duty Station: Mathare
Duration: 6 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Psychologist. The successful candidate reports to the SGBV/Mental Health Supervisor.
Objective of the Position:
The Psychologist will be providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provision of counselling activities in the Trauma/SGBV clinics
- Liaise closely with other departments in the programme to enable open communication and ensure smooth referral of patients
- Attend supervisor meetings, discussing relevant issues concerning the counselling department.
- Reinforce confidentiality in the clinics
- Order requests of commodities and stationery for the department activities
2. Psychological care for SGBV patients and other Mental health emergencies
- Provide patient centered psychological care for clients according to MSF guidelines.
- Sensitize the medical team to recognize psychological disorders and to refer patients to the psychologist for further assessment and management
- Ensure the patients receive open-minded support regarding their right to choose, especially in delicate issues like TOP, desire for a child, marital discrepancy etc.
- Provide psychotherapy interventions for patients with complicated psychological diagnosis and evaluate the necessity of referral for external support or for a 2nd opinion
- Referral of acute mental health emergencies and follow up of the patients in referral facilities (together with MAM)
3. Continuous Medical Education (CME) presentations about psychological disorders
- To participate in CMEs and on job training for staff on trauma cases, SGBV cases, child development, counselling techniques etc. The counsellors should be encouraged to present with your support and input.
- Participate in training new Staff or other health workers from MOH/ other organizations
- Develop treatment literacy sessions and provide materials and tools.
- Train and supervise counsellors and expert patients, as needed, to conduct such sessions with the involvement of the medical team
- Provide health education materials for patients
Education: Degree in Clinical Psychology.
Experience: Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years.
Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is an added advantage
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must, other local languages is a plus.
Knowledge: Good knowledge of computer operation, word and excel
Competencies: Supervision, monitoring & evaluation, quality assessments and training needs analysis
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as one file mentioning on the subject email line, “Psychologist”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.