Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pharmacy Cashier (Temporary Pool)
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Supervisor incharge of Satellite Pharmacy.
The position holder will efficiently and effectively handle all cash and credit payments, while ensuring invoices are duly signed, he/she will account for all payments for their respective shift, and perform clerical duties related to meeting the AKUHN cashiering needs for internal and external customers while maintaining courtesy.
- Collect payments and issue receipts and invoices to internal and external customers so as to properly account for revenue generated.
- Verify every receipt/invoice issued against a valid prescription.
- Verify patients with photo identification.
- Attach all necessary photocopies of prescriptions to the related invoice.
- Collect and take custody of change available at all times to carry out cash transactions.
- Store cash, cheques and vouchers securely as per department guidelines.
- Carry out banking of collections in a timely manner.
- Process smart cards as per policy and procedure.
- Ensure prescription exemptions from the different corporate /insurances are verified before a transaction is carried out.
- File and Store all prescriptions sequentially and securely.
- File and update all finance related documents so as to maintain accurate records.
- Activate accounts for corporate patients and ensuring there is a duly signed claim form where applicable.
- Initiate the manual procedure of logging transactions immediately the computer system goes down.
- Attend to customer queries promptly and courteously and record all verbal complaints.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the department supervisor or manager.
- KATC II or Diploma in Business Administration or an equivalent qualification
- Basic Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving skills
- High level of integrity
How To Apply