Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main purpose of the role:
- The execution and management of a portfolio of grants for gender equality advocacy and young feminist movement building.
- The execution of CIFF’s Anti-Racism and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy, including work to mainstream a gender, youth and equity lens into CIFF’s grant-making and partners and engaging other funders and the broader field in joint learning and advocacy.
Gender advocacy & young feminist movement building strategy
Support the design and execution of CIFF’s gender advocacy and young feminist movement building strategy and portfolio, including:
- Autonomously managing grants related to the portfolio, including programme coordination, review of grantee documents, and executing tranche payments. This will include:
- Conducting research and analysis in support of assessing priority issues, opportunities for portfolio growth, and political, programme and reputation risks.
- Working with internal stakeholders and partner organisations to develop and deploy innovative strategic engagement, communications and campaigning techniques which can support our grantees in achieving their objectives.
- Assisting our partners to use data to effectively target their projects at key public and political audiences.
- Supporting the collection and synthesis of programme insights and data for presentation to CIFF senior leadership and Board, and external partners and stakeholders.
- Contributing towards the successful communication of CIFF’s investments and activities to our key stakeholders, including governments and partner donors. This will include research and analysis for CIFF’s thought leadership activities.
- Leading the end-to-end management of the grant-making process (from concept formation through to final payment), suggesting improvements where appropriate, to enable the SEC team to deliver and monitor its philanthropic activity efficiently and effectively.
- Working closely with the Finance team to coordinate the forecasting of grant payments, to enable effective cash flow management and reporting within the organisation.
- Supporting CIFF’s corporate communications activities, including assisting with media engagement, digital communications, and risk and reputation management.
Execution of CIFF’s Anti-Racism and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy
Support the Director, Strategic Engagement & Communications, in overseeing this cross-organisational initiative, advising CIFF workstream leads, managing internal stakeholder relationships, and tracking overall progress against identified targets.
Support the rollout of CIFF’s gender and equity mainstreaming framework across sector teams (in particular Climate and Adolescence), including the development of and deployment of equity metrics and learning questions for specific strategies and investments, in collaboration with our Evidence, Measurement and Evaluation (EME) team.
Support with the design of a funder & field engagement strategy, leading its execution including managing CIFF’s engagement in a new Community of Practice for solidarity-centred grant-making.
Background research, analysis and writing support for briefings to CIFF senior management and Board.
Assist with the management of external consultancies and agencies.
Sector knowledge and networks
Build and maintain a range of relevant knowledge and information resources, to enable the SEC team to access high quality intelligence, analysis and data to inform current and future programme activity.
Undertake other research projects required, as directed by members of the team.Keep abreast of developments in strategic engagement, communications and campaigning approaches (eg digital research and engagement, audience segmentation and analysis, etc), especially as related to CIFF’s key focus areas.
Qualifications & Experience
Thorough experience working on gender and equity issues, preferably in an international development setting
- Strong prior programme management, research and analysis experience in either the private or public sector or an international development context.
- Sound understanding of high-impact policy and advocacy interventions across CIFF’s priority impact areas.
- Ability to set priorities and think critically, objectively and strategically.
Good experience of working in politics, political communications, campaigning, within a donor institution or setting and/or within a public affairs or public relations agency.
Capacity to work in range of cultural and socio-economic contexts, adapting style and approach appropriately and in a culturally sensitive manner to maximise effectivenStrong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills in English (other languages, including French, a plus).
- IT proficiency (most specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Experience implementing digital strategies and working across social media platforms (desirable).
Experience with content creation/commissioning (desirable).
A self-starter, with resilience, pace, and interpersonal flexibility.
Strong ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately.
A keen interest in the issues children and young people face, within the context of international development.
Key working relationships
All other CIFF departments and teams (in particular HR, EME, Africa, Adolescence, Climate and Girl Capital).
Fielding contact with international partners and stakeholders.
Fielding contact with co-funders, international charities and NGOs.
Fielding contact with national governments and local NGO partners in priority geographies.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package here at CIFF that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Annual leave – 25 days per annum. Increasing by 1 day after each year of service, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Bonus – CIFF currently operates a discretionary bonus scheme.
- Training allowance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance