Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As H Young & Co (E.A.) Ltd, we seek to be recognised as East Africa’s Premier Engineering Construction and Infrastructure Company. We further seek to create long-term shareholder value via unmatched service delivery to our customers, for whom infrastructure quality, efficiency and reliability is a must. We aim to do this through:
- Concentrating on our core business as an integrated engineering construction company.
- Providing total project leadership by leveraging our key construction competences and applying well tailored solutions for our diverse customers.
- Recruiting, nurturing and developing our employees as a key pillar of our competences.
- Dealing with general legal correspondence (Demand Letters, Response to Demand Letters, Letters of engagement, Letters on General Follow-up, Letters on Instruction to Bank).
- Litigation Management (Preparation of Affidavits and Witness Statements).
- Certification of tender documents.
- Preparation and review of all legal and contractual documents to ensure that they are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted to ensure Company interests are protected at all times. Advising on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business eg. Non-Disclosure Agreements, Car Hire Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Third Party Agreements (Suppliers, Security).
- Company Secretarial Roles (Board resolution, Ensuring Annual returns are signed and Liaising with the Company Secretary).
- Representing the company in ensuring the efficient handling and winning of matters and resolutions held at: Insurance Regulation Authority, Public Procurement Authority Board and Any Legal Court
- Conveyancing: Agreements for Sale, Lease Agreements (borrow pits, land and premises), Supplemental Lease Agreements, Agreements on disposal of top soil, transfer documents, Assignment Agreements, Consent to transfer and Change of Use documents
- Periodic Meetings with Unionisable Staff
- Conducting Research
- Preparing Legal Opinions
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Must hold the most current Practicing Certificate as an Advocate of the High court of Kenya.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- A successful track record in Civil & Commercial litigation will be an added advantage.
- Broad base of legal practice experience
- Excellent Administration skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, research & analytical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills
- Must have high moral integrity and character
- Highly organized and good time management skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and focus