Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Providing Business Analysis and Reporting to support management decision-making. The job holder also supports multiple functional areas in driving a data-driven business decision making culture, business planning, digital adoption, and in special projects.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support a data-driven business decision making culture through giving visibility, analytics and reporting capabilities to business functions such as Distribution, Underwriting, Claims, Customer Service, Marketing.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to maximize the use of Business Intelligence platforms and provide key insight to drive the decision-making process.
- Promote the value of key analytics and sound data management
- Work with advanced analytics tools and techniques including data science, machine learning techniques, predictive analytics, automation, and robotics in order to deliver more insightful analytics and create efficiency to the business.
- Drive the consumption of the huge volumes of internal and external data for product development, business insights and decision making.
- Doing regular performance reporting and ad-hoc analyses; presenting and explaining results to leadership and business partners in a comprehensible form, while supporting implementation efforts
- Business PowerBI dashboards designing and validation.
- Prepare documentation for dashboards requirements and designs
- Validate all completed dashboards for business use
- Train users on the functionalities
- Routinely communicate Business Unit and company consolidated performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications
- Provide segment profitability analysis of Business Units, Branches, Products, and Sources (e.g. revenues, claims ratio, contribution, etc.)
- Maintains key financial measures on the competition for comparative analysis (e.g., KPI’s, benchmarks, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of management reports & presentations for Senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees
- Underwriting support- Client reports – utility and fund, corporate business reviews approvals and ex gratia management.
- Supports the strategic planning process and participates in preparing and managing the forecasting process (12 months rolling) to ensure appropriate targets are set, periodically reviewed and all parameters considered
- Supports continuous improvement efforts in the processes and tools used in planning, reporting and analysis activities
- Works closely with business units to understand and communicate key issues, risks and opportunities, underlying planning assumptions and overall performance objectives
Digital & Special Projects Support:
- Support digital capability advancement projects in conceptualization, project management and implementation
- Support in the planning, implementation and tracking of special projects
- Support strategic business initiatives such as strategic intermediary partnerships, and intermediary loyalty incentives
- Health Systems development, testing and support- Process improvements and reporting.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical and critical thinking mindset
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Office and can quickly manipulate data in Excel and build summaries of datasets. (Pivot tables, functions, charts, other aggregation methods, etc)
- Proficiency in advanced analytics technologies, including Power Bi, R and Python. Should also be abreast of latest data science techniques including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Ability to organize and analyze large volumes of data, perform data reconciliations and summary
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively and accurately present information to colleagues, managers and other stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are essential
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or a business-related field
- A post-graduate qualification is preferred.
- Insurance or Finance related technical qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar environment, preferably within Financial Services
15 September 2021