Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position will be responsible for accurate and timely money inflows and outflows reconciliation for the UAP Insurance businesses. The officer will take reasonable steps to enforce controls to ensure that company financial assets are safeguarded. This position is also critical in providing accurate data for the preparation of annual financial statements, Monthly management accounts and financial audits.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations on or before the 5th of each month and weekly resolve all “unreconciled” items to ensure no long outstanding items and ensure accuracy and completeness of the general ledger.
- Reconciliation of the Thought Express control accounts for UAP Life Assurance. This reconciliation shall facilitate ledger substantiation of the balances that integrate from Thought Express to D365 to ensure the financial reports presents an accurate position.
- Preparation of Weekly cashflow projections, funding of payout accounts and transfer of surplus funds to the fund manager for investments.
- Reconciliation of Monies unidentified suspense account by tracing the remitter of funds for allocation to the specific client account.
- Weekly preparation of the Thought Express Bank File report and upload in the system by every Tuesday.
- Weekly reconciliations of Foreign Contract accounts movements and submission of schedules for funding by every Wednesday of each week.
- Preparation of Bid Bond/ Performance Guarantee Requests and follow-up on processing on or before the 2nd day following the application
- Daily review and circulation of unreceipted premiums to MIMO, Corporate business and Credit Control.
- Ensure that appropriate reports and bank mandate updates are submitted for review at least 10 days prior to the board meeting.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by management from time to time
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Organized, numerate, analytical and fully computer literate
- Familiar with the current Insurance, Retirement Benefits Authority and Capital Markets Authority regulations is an added advantage
- High levels of energy, drive, creativity and innovation
- Ability to prioritise and work on a wide range of deliverables at once
- Self-starter who shows initiative
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance
- Certified Public Accountant/ACCA qualifications
- Experience within the financial services industry is an added advantage
- Demonstrate good communication and leadership skills with high personal integrity
15 September 2021