Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Primary Location: Nairobi, Nairobi Area, KE
About Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company. As an independent charity, registered in the UK and the USA, we work to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights. Through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives, we combine our unique media and legal services to drive systemic change.
TrustLaw is the global pro bono service of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. As the world’s leading pro bono legal service, TrustLaw helps high-impact NGOs and social enterprises, to grow, streamline their operations and navigate complex laws and regulations by connecting them with free legal assistance from the best law firms and corporate legal teams around the world. We also deliver groundbreaking legal research on key social and policy issues that our members use to support their advocacy and law reform efforts, and we deliver innovative capacity-building workshops on legal issues across the globe.
The Foundation is recruiting a Programme Officer, Africa, TrustLaw. The position would be based in Nairobi and working with our Senior Legal Programme Manager, Africa, to provide support to TrustLaw’s activities across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Based in Thomson Reuters’ offices in either London or Nairobi, the person in this role will:
- Daily management of a large TrustLaw regional portfolio of law firms, corporations, referral partners, NGOs, social enterprises and other key stakeholders
- Recruiting, vetting, managing and engaging NGO, social enterprise, and legal team members of TrustLaw’s network
- Leading or supporting multiple cross-border research and policy advisory projects
- Devising and implementing a regional strategy to expand TrustLaw membership
- Contributing to the TrustLaw Africa annual strategy
- Maintaining a high profile in the region by representing TrustLaw and the Thomson Reuters Foundation by speaking publicly on our work at panels, conferences, or other speaking engagements.
- Creating and executing a robust communications strategy that includes member events and promotion of TrustLaw publications
- Administering the service and the feedback collection process for Africa projects and with our local network.
- Coordinate community engagement initiatives and activities
Key skills and experience
- An exceptional self-starter with 4+ years of work experience, and a passion for social change.
- Top-performing undergraduate background in the field of policy, development, or social change.
- Proven organisational and project management ability
- Experience (paid or unpaid) in policy / social / not for profit sector.
- Experience in legal pro bono, access to justice or using the law as a tool for social change.
- Ability to quickly understand and use new databases, platforms and technology. Experience using Salesforce is a plus
- Experience organising events
- Proven organisational abilities and experience managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- An independent self-starter able to design their own agenda and take responsibility to advance and complete projects
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Please note that the person in this role will need to work, which will require at least two early or late shifts each week
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French extremely desirable – kindly mention this in your cover letter.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter in English describing how you meet the specifications for this role and provide your availability to start. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The salary is relative to the charitable sector and will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 EAT on 20th September 2021.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.