Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Administration and Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Programme Coordinator – Eastern Mau – Lake Nakuru Sub-Landscape
Job Grade: A2
To provide administration and procurement support for WWF-Kenya’s Nakuru Office. The post holder is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of administrative and procurement functions. The Assistant will be well versed with general practice and guidelines and will be responsible for capacity building of local partners in the Landscape to ensure adherence to WWF-Kenya’s administration and procurement policies and regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receiving and guiding visitors within the office,
- Coordinate office activities and operations e.g.; meetings/workshops and ensure compliance with laid down policies,
- Manage travel arrangements for the team and logistics for visitors coming to the office,
- As the first point of contact, alert the Programme Coordinator or designate of any incidences that may pose a security risk to the office or staff,
- Manage correspondence and pick up mail and materials for dispatch,
- Ensure fire safety equipment is maintained and functioning,
- Maintenance and ensuring office equipment are in good working condition,
- Liaising with the Project Accountant, maintain a schedule of regular utility bills and follow-up on the same to ensure they are paid before the due date and appropriately charged to projects.
- Receive and review all purchase requests from all staff in the office,
- Ensure that procurement of goods and services is done in accordance with policies and procedures maintaining quality and timely delivery at fair market price,
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with policies and procedures,
- Responsible for conducting due diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism compliance) during pre-qualification and tendering processes, for authorized and contracted suppliers,
- Guide and manage the pre-qualification, contracts and tendering process for all goods/service suppliers for the office,
- Maintain service level agreement with all major pre-qualified suppliers and ensure value for money,
- Coordinates the process and ensures timely capturing of documentation for all purchases in the SAP ERP in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures,
- Manages the stationery and kitchen store and ensures proper and accurate inventories are maintained,
- Periodically carries out appropriate physical inventory count and asset verification,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- A team player
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- High level of Integrity
- Adherence to WWF-Kenya values; Credible, Responsive, Innovative, Determined, Inspiring and Collaborative.
- At least 2 years proven experience as an office administrator, procurement assistant or other related role
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- A degree in Business Administration and/or procurement and supply chain management
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management systems.
Internal: Works closely with all staff members of WWF-Kenya’s KRL Region and interacts with colleagues in the wider WWF-Kenya.
External: Interacts with WWF partners, service providers and suppliers, regulatory bodies and other conservation agencies.
This job description covers the main tasks and responsibilities and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position applied for on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 17th September 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.