Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Competitive depending on experience.
Anglo American is a leading global mining company and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, greener, more sustainable world and that meet the fast growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies.
Our Crop Nutrients business is creating a unique fertilizer project that will help the world grow more food in a better way. POLY4 is our flagship multinutrient fertilizer product. Made from polyhalite, it contains four of the six macro-nutrients and many micronutrients that are essential to plant growth. It allows farmers to maximise their crop yield, increase quality and improve soil structure with one simple product.
Our global agronomy programme provides technical, agronomic and commercial validation for POLY4’s use as an effective multi-nutrient fertilizer suitable for widespread use in commercial farming. We also have a number of value-added product streams in a range of development stages.
Join us as a Regional Agronomist, East Africa, where you will play a key role in supporting the expansion of the Company’s global agronomy programme within Africa. The purpose of the role is to deliver a high performing commercial and technical agronomy programme that contributes to a resilient and agreed business plan(s). Reporting to the Regional Agronomy Manager, MEA, this full-time role will design, monitor trials for Anglo American Crop Nutrient’s (AACN) multi-nutrient fertilizer POLY4 and any related products.
- Efficiently deliver commercial goals as agreed in the business plans and deliver appropriate product knowledge to be able to effectively use polyhalite fertilisers.
- Agree, execute, deliver and monitor commercial agronomic demonstrations
- Source and assess local providers in conjunction with commercial partners (as available)
- Deliver agronomic input into agreed business plans.
- Scope, agree, deliver and monitor technical agronomic programmes
- Collaborate with colleagues to help design roadmaps of technical work required to fulfill business requirements.
- Support activities during marketing events of the product, e.g. farmer demo-days, conferences and agricultural cooperatives.
- Provide a resource of regional agricultural, agronomic, profit/cost drivers, soil, environmental and fertiliser use knowledge.
- Translate knowledge into USPs for fertiliser products in conjunction with other team members
- Deliver agronomic knowledge transfer for stakeholders.
- Support business development, through commercial leadership, so that all elements of fertiliser supply chain can be targeted.
- Support product logistics and registrations.
- Contribute to regional consideration of environmental impact of polyhalite fertilisers and agriculture, as required.
- Develop individual capabilities to improve professional and business performance as required.
- Liaise with central office function in respect of data requirements and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance in line with code of conduct
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- A university bachelor’s degree or master’s qualification in an appropriate agriculture/agronomy/soil sciences discipline.
- Expert understanding of planning, implementing, managing, and reporting crop trials including reporting yield and quality benefits.
- Advanced understanding of advising and implementing farmer’s best practice program.
- Advanced in adhering to safety practices and protocols.
- Advanced understanding of advising and implementing straight fertilizer programs, as well as multi nutrient programs.
- Proficient understanding of financial benefits of commercial analysis in coordination with the commercial team.
- Developing experience and network with fertilizer producers, research providers, crops associations, agricultural cooperatives, or fertilizer wholesale of local importance.
- Developing an understanding of trial design, interpretation, and statistical evaluations.
- Good communication skills in English and local languages are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
How To Apply
If you are viewing this role on the Woodsmith Project website, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Otherwise, please visit our current vacancies page, click on the role you are interested in and then click the ‘Apply Now’ button near the bottom of the page. We do not accept applications from agencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.