Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MSF is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
MSF Switzerland is launching the recruitment process for 2 nurses for activities in Dagahaley in the Dadaab Refugee camp, Kenya.
Application deadline: 21 September 2021
Work Location: Dagahaley Refugee Camp
- Temporary replacement contract (3 months, renewable)
- Maternity leave cover (3 months, possible extension)
The selected candidates will be reporting to the Nursing Team Supervisor.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Fol-lowing the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Conduct surgical procedures like Intravenous canular fixation,Nasal gastric tube Insertion,urinary Catheterization,wound cleaning and dressing when prescribed.
- Clerking and prescription of treatment to all pregnant,postnatal mothers and new borns in ANC department.
- Doing Lab works for all pregnant women to include urinalysis, hb, VDRL, HIV, Malaria test
Education: Essential recognized nurse diploma. Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing.
Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s. MSF experience is an asset.
Languages: Mission language essential (English). Local language desirable (Somali/Kiswahili)
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 21 st September 2021
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
We apologize that due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)