Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About The Role
Site Reliability Engineers build and operate the platform on which Sendy’s applications run. SREs have built up their knowledge working in different environments and come from a variety of technical backgrounds. The common denominator across all our reliability engineers include a passion for scalability, operational excellence and automation..
The Senior SRE will lead and develop a team of SREs that are responsible for the Sendy’s production platform and build the tools for all teams to understand and interact with it.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor, grow, and empower the team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within the team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building high quality systems
- Partner with other Engineering Leads across Sendy to achieve reliability outcomes for their services
- Building software to help engineering and support teams
- Fixing support escalation issues
- Optimizing on-call rotations and processes
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge
- Conducting post-incident reviews
- Linux systems administration experience
- Five years Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Intermediate level software development skills in Python, Go or SQL
- Strong skills in network services, including DNS, TLS/SSL and HTTP
- Network fundamentals DHCP, ARP, subnetting, routing, firewalls
- Experience with the Linux kernel and Linux software packaging
- Performance analysis and debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace
- Configuration management systems such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Load balancing and reverse proxies such as Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Apache
- SQL databases (Postgres or MySQL)
- Time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Key/Value stores (Redis, KyotoTycoon, Cassandra, LevelDB)
- Internetworking and BGP.
- Experience leading and hiring a team that builds and runs tools and platforms
- Ability to work effectively with distinct personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Ability to discern and apply knowledge
- Top level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options