Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Key focal point in the company for all tax matters and across all tax obligations to provide an enabling and favorable tax environment and tax understanding in the business, liaison with all internal and external stakeholders such as KRA, Government, Consulting firms, Government agencies among others, in all matters tax. Overall tax compliance across all relevant tax areas. Overall tax management to ensure nil exposure, management of effective tax rate and tax planning to ensure operational, administrative and cash flow efficiencies, including:-
A. Corporate and Deferred tax computation and accounting
- Preparation of monthly corporate and deferred tax computation with an aim to advice on monthly tax accrual.
- Management of the Effective Tax Rate to ensure this optimally contained.
B. VAT Return management
- Preparation of VAT computations.
- Timely filing of VAT returns.
- Ensure that any VAT liability is paid to KRA on time.
C. Withholding and withholding VAT tax
- Timely preparation of withholding tax and withholding VAT computation.
- Ensures any WHT and WHVAT liability is paid to KRA on time.
D. Reconciliation of all tax accounts in the GL
- Reconciles the corporate tax, deferred tax, VAT, WHT and WHVAT returns with the GL on a monthly basis with explanations of any variances.
- Preparation of the corporate tax computations for SVLK and EKL and advice on the tax journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Ensures all tax accounts and maintenance of tax accounts and ledgers are up to date with explained reconciling items.
E. Tax Payment
- Arrange for all tax payments on a timely basis i.e. VAT, WHVAT, WHT and instalment taxes/corporate tax payments.
- Keep track of VAT and duty refund status and initiate lodgment of VAT refund claims on a timely basis and aggressive follow-up where applicable.
F. Finance Project and company projects oversight from a tax perspective
- Support and assist in finance projects implementation in areas impacting tax.
- Support implementation of other non-finance project with a tax impact to ensure optimal tax planning.
- Strict adherence to group tax rules including tax reporting requirements and tax risks and control framework adherence and oversight,
- Respond to KRA information requests on a timely basis.
- Assist in managing any KRA Audits and compliance reviews.
- Assist in overseeing tax accounting processes across all tax areas impacting on our business.
- Assist in overseeing overall tax compliance across all company tax matters.
- Support the month-end and year-end tax closing for Group reporting purposes.
- Support the statutory tax audit and subsequent filing of annual income tax returns with the KRA.
- Attend to group/central tax information requests on a timely basis.
- Support the business in resolving various tax challenges when required.
- All other tax related support that may be required on a need basis.
- Contribute to the Working Capital management by ensuring aggressive follow-up for refund claims.
- Overall tax compliance including business support, KRA audits, statutory audits, internal controls & audits, KRA requests & other KRA communications.
- University degree in a business related field, from a recognized university with working experience in tax advisory and accounting function/audit firm for at least 5 years.
- A fully qualified and certified public accountant or ACCA qualification is an added advantage.
- Strong team member with good interpersonal skills, personal initiative and drive.
- Knowledge level to tax laws and legislation.
- Very detailed understanding of direct taxes and indirect taxes especially accounting and overall management of VAT and import duties.
- Understanding of tax accounting, deferred tax accounting.
- Understanding of transfer pricing laws and regulations.
- Keeping in touch with evolution of tax laws to ensure timely communication and implementation as per regulatory requirements.
- High flexibility and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Good systems skills and knowledge of ERP (preferably SAP) systems.
- Good communications, influencing and networking skills.
- Ability to self-start.
- Demonstration of the aspired Vivo core Values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People) and Behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork).