Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
In 2021, USAID Kenya awarded Abt Associates, the Kenya Vector Control Activity. It seeks to build on PMI investments under PMI AIRS and VectorLink. The purpose of the project is to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, monitor and evaluate critical malaria vector control activities. This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide treated net (ITN) activities for prevention of malaria in Kenya. The project has six objectives: (1) indoor residual spraying and other proven vector control interventions, (2) entomological monitoring and surveillance, (3) ITN durability monitoring (4) data driven decision making to inform strategic deployment of ITNs and IRS, (5) capacity building of Kenya national malaria program and selected counties and (6) continuous net distribution system in the community through multiple channels. In 2022, Abt Associates shall implement IRS in Homa Bay and Migori Counties and in other counties thereafter as determined by USAID Kenya.
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day inventory management including but not limited to issuance, receipt and storage of commodities and supplies and record keeping and reporting. The Assistant ensures that all inventories are accounted for, and safely stored at the central warehouse throughout the year. During planning and preparation of the annual spray campaign, he/she supports the Warehouse Manager incoming and outgoing processes at central warehouse.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Receive goods to the central warehouse and check the quantity, condition, and type against purchase order.
- Process appropriate documentation (e.g. good receipt notes, delivery notes, etc) and update stock cards, etc.
- Supports the storage, distribution, and transportation of insecticides, personal protective equipment and other IRS supplies and equipment.
- In collobarotation with Warehouse Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator, support and supervise county, sub-county distribution and operations sites storekeepers.
- Responsible for loading and dispatching of materials to the operation sites in accordance with best management practices in warehousing.
- Assists with the logistics for all project activities, including spray operations, transport.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager and Environmental Compliance Officer:
- Ensure that all health and safety measures are in place and followed at all sub-county stores, and operations sitestores.
- Ensure the clearance and proper disposal of all waste and obsolete materials and items from operations site stores
- Ensure that any incidents of theft, missing or expired insecticide at site stores or at the central warehouse reported in timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate storage of insecticide at the warehouse by conducting daily temperature control in insecticide warehouse.
- Must be familiar with insecticide exposure symptoms and treatment to ensure personal health and safety
- Support ITN delivery programs as part of integrated vector control activities.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Minimum certificate e.g procurement and logistics, supply chain management. Bachelor’s degree in such relevant field is desirable.
- At least three years relevant professional experience, with significant experience in logistics, stock and warehouse management.
- Experience working with community-based programs or projects.
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse and stock management.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, and computer skills.
- English language required
High School Diploma + Two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
How To Apply
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.